The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points
Default Jewel & Ty to be on reality TV show 'Young Guns'

This is a transcript direct from Kentucky.com

Quote:
Gillette is transferring its NASCAR "Young Guns" advertising theme into a reality television show for ABC that will start filming this week at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, N.C.
Fast Cars and Super Stars: Gillette Young Guns Celebrity Race will see the Nextel Cup drivers that have appeared in the company's ads -- Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne, Carl Edwards, Jamie McMurray, Ryan Newman and Jimmie Johnson -- instructing a bevy of sports and entertainment stars on the finer points of stock car driving.
Participating celebrities include John Elway; Tony Hawk; William Shatner; Laird Hamilton and his wife, Gabby Reese; WWE champion John Cena; John Salley; Serena Williams; Bill Cowher; and Jewel and her boyfriend, rodeo king Ty Murray.
Six 30-minute episodes and an hour finale are scheduled to run prior to the NBA Finals games in June.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

this sounds pretty awesome
Old 03-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

Jewel is surely enjoying her reality TV! I just hope she won't go crazy about it and pull a newlyweds! THAT would be bad! Anyway, I hope she wins this thing!
fabiojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Here's more info

Quote:
Various-grade celebrities have already attempted dancing and skating on reality TV shows, and now a fresh slate of would-be winners will turn to driving, mashing the gas for an ABC series set to air this summer.

A dozen stars have signed on for the Fast Cars & Superstars—Gillette Young Guns Celebrity Race, with would-be leadfoots including athletes (2007 Australian Open tennis champion Serena Williams, bullrider Ty Murray, WWE champ John Cena) and performers (singer Jewel, actors William Shatner and Krista Allen). This week, each celeb is getting behind the wheel for several speed trials at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, N.C., vying for a chance to hoist a winner's trophy at the track's victory lane. Showing them the ropes are several top NASCAR drivers, including 2006 Nextel Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards and Kasey Kahne, as well as a slew of race driving instructors.

In the first practice sessions on March 12, half the stars got some trial runs in, and a clearly rattled Serena Williams was at the bottom of the speed chart — with her best time slower than her vaunted tennis serve — although her confidence had already been climbing throughout the day. NFL legend John Elway made a very respectable showing for a newcomer, with a bubbly Allen hot on his heels.

Watching skateboard legend Tony Hawk go through some swift circuits, series co-anchor Brad Daugherty reminded us that Hawk was the first man to successfully land a 900-degree spin on his board. "Yeah," said Fast Cars host Kenny Mayne, of ESPN, "But hopefully he won't do that here."

The Celebrity Participants
• Krista Allen, actress (Baywatch, What About Brian)
• John Elway, former Denver Broncos quarterback
• Tony Hawk, skateboarding legend
• Ty Murray, seven-time world all-around rodeo champion
• Jewel, Grammy-nominated musician
• Serena Williams, tennis champion
• John Cena, reigning World Wrestling Entertainment champion
• Laird Hamilton, champion surfer
• Gabrielle Reece, champion volleyball player, model
• Bill Cowher, Super Bowl-winning Pittsburgh Steelers head coach
• William Shatner, actor (Star Trek, Boston Legal)
• John Salley, former NBA star, co-host of The Best Damn Sports Show Period

The NASCAR "Young Guns"
• Kurt Busch
• Carl Edwards
• Jimmie Johnson
• Kasey Kahne
• Jamie McMurray
• Ryan Newman
Reality-TV fans can find stories on American Idol, Victoria Beckham's new NBC reality series and more in the March 12 issue of TV Guide. Click here to subscribe.
Click Here for the link

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
randallflagg
Seb

randallflagg Between 50 and 149 points

poor jewel

randallflagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Why do you say that? She could be really good at it and hey...if not, I'm sure it'll be a laugh.

I'd love to do that.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #7
lindawmn
JKF Member

lindawmn Between 10 and 49 points

Keira, will it air in Ireland?
lindawmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

I doubt it. Nascar is very hard to watch here unless a specific channel carries it. Even then, it would be highly doubtful that they'd show a reality TV show about it.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
randallflagg
Seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bird View Post
Why do you say that? She could be really good at it and hey...if not, I'm sure it'll be a laugh.

I'd love to do that.
why i think than the SINGER jewel made it's sad ?
'coz for me she's a artist ! it's not something positive for her musical career (or actress) to take part at tv reality show or be host of nashville star or again to make commercial for beer or l'oréal & it's 'coz i love jewel since 10 years than i don't understand her career choice!
i know it's just a race car but i don't understand her!!!

Old 03-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #10
M€RIO
aUsTrIaN kIlChErIaN

M€RIO Between 50 and 149 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallflagg View Post
why i think than the SINGER jewel made it's sad ?
'coz for me she's a artist ! it's not something positive for her musical career (or actress) to take part at tv reality show or be host of nashville star or again to make commercial for beer or l'oréal & it's 'coz i love jewel since 10 years than i don't understand her career choice!
i know it's just a race car but i don't understand her!!!
I dont think that jewel makes that for promotion or something, i am sure that she just wanna have fun! And that would be very funny and cool to see jewel on the tv! because the TVmusicbroadcaster (^^dont know if this is the right english word for "fernsehsender") dont support her musicvideos or anything of jewel.........

~i wanna pilot a plane with you

~so all our problems look small too

~i
ts just an inch from me to you
~depending on what map you use

*jewelonpianoandmore=)*
M€RIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
randallflagg
Seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by M€RIO View Post
I dont think that jewel makes that for promotion or something, i am sure that she just wanna have fun! And that would be very funny and cool to see jewel on the tv! because the TVmusicbroadcaster (^^dont know if this is the right english word for "fernsehsender") dont support her musicvideos or anything of jewel.........
So that videos on tv and her new song pass in radio, its label has to pay for the broadcasting of these titles, if Atlantics has don't to pay she is not diffused (but it's like that for every singer!)
for me the best solution to be popular, it's to make good records!!! no being a product of publicity!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
Webbed
JKF Member

Webbed Between 150 and 249 pointsWebbed Between 150 and 249 points

I too wonder about Jewel's recent choices; she seems to target middle America and the South rather than the coasts (e.g., Nashville Star). And since I grew up and still live on the west coast, I relate to her even less lately.

But name recognition goes a long way. And with her interest in country music lately, she is definitely targeting the right audience.
Webbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #13
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

I think Jewel is keeping it up to date and true to herself. She's definately not afraid of trying new things and taking risks. Nashville Star was a big risk, Jewel had never done nothing remotely like that, and she was a big hit. Everybody seemed to like her and many people that didn't know she even existed now know. And it was for good reasons, you know. She wasn't doing something just for publicity. She was an excellent host who offered sincere help to the contestants. This reality show seems to be something just for the fun of it. I don't think it will grab much attention for Jewel, it's more about the cars I think. Plus, she's doing it with Ty, I sure they'll have a blast. It's not everyday you get to drive those cars!

I just think we tend to overanalyze too much. She's definately keeping her name out there but she's doing the right way, keeping it cool and modern, but staying honest to her beliefs. She's just preparing the ground for her next release.
fabiojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Little Bird
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Webbed. Nice to see you here!

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-20-2007, 01:58 AM   #15
wmtodd
Banned

wmtodd Between 0 and 10 points

Sounds like fun, tell Jewel and Ty to stop by, and I'll fix some steaks on the grill if they are in Charlotte...

William Hollifield
wmtodd is offline   Reply With Quote