The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #16
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

I love a man in uniform perferbaly ups drivers and fed ex drivers but that has nothing to do with this topic

I love
The smell of nail polish and gasoline
calls from telemarkerters (they are fun to tease)
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #17
awiste
Alli

awiste Between 50 and 149 points

Heres one... Your telemarketing comment made me think of it.

To start, i am NOT a Christian--I do not believe the Jesus Crist is my savior and I'm not really sure how I feel about the whole "God" idea. I truly hope I don't offend anyone by this but.....

I like to see how hard the Mormons will work to try and "save my soul." I don't mean to be mean but I find it interesting that they JUST KEEP COMING BACK! They leave their book for me and offer to give me a "class." So far they have been very nice to me so I sort of feel guilty for "leading them on." To be fair though, I ALWAYS tell them at the very start that I don't believe in Jesus and God--but that just seems to make them work harder.
awiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:48 AM   #18
louloublu
Super JKF Member

louloublu Between 10 and 49 points

Hi I'm a newbie and I just want to say hello. Hello! Anyway I hate teenagers that sit behind me in the cinema and talk through the whole movie and have to go to the bathroom 5 times during it and also get snacks. They also follow me to plays and stand outside my gym. Grrrrr!!!
louloublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:53 AM   #19
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

Welcome to the forum louloublu, love your name. I hate when teenagers do that too.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 AM   #20
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

ha ha ha I love doing that to people
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #21
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

BIG welcome to LouLouBlu...And I was beginning to think all the Irish fans had dropped off the face of the planet!

I have a very dear friend living in Galway and when I go to visit her, we often end up in Clare for a session on one of the pubs. Love it there!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:29 AM   #22
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

oh oh oh I got one. I love the feeling after a good bawling.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #23
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

umm, I don't mind mucking stalls and cleaning up around the barn, I guess not many people would like cleaning manure up-lol

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #24
Little Bird
Administrator

My next door neighbours train and keep horses. The smell used to bother me but it's funny how you get used to it. I am in the country after all!

It leads me to me next pet peeve. They have this habit of parking one of their horse boxes across from my driveway, making it near on impossible to get into my drive. They are a lovely family but I don't get why they are so inconsiderate when it comes to parking!

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #25
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points
Talking

It seems like all the things I think are cool and that I like are unpopular with everyone else (currently unpopular anyway). I love jazz, country, blues (I lub da twang y'all), soul, folk, spirituals and reggae but I hate hip-hop and rock. Wait, I mean, I like CLASSIC rock but I sure as heck can't stand the modern stuff I hear on the radio. With a few exceptions like U2 of course.

Also...my favorite smells in the world are chlorine and that fishing smell and most people hate those lol.

I enjoy stuff that other people find boring like reading the dictionary

My favorite drinks are ice cold water and green tea and I love snacking on ice, but I hate soda and coffee.

What I find sexy is different from what other gals find sexy. I like old-school gentlemen. I don't like thugs and rich egomaniacs. I prefer a poor gentleman to a rich cocky "ladies' man".

I love critters like snakes, spiders and bumblebees But I'm afraid of flies, go figure.

I love tacky and kitchy stuff like dancing robot jackrabbits or a stuffed armadillo drinking out of a Lonestar beer bottle. On the road I always have to stop and take my picture with the giant...whatever. It drives some of my friends and my sister crazy!

So for the most part, I happen to love the things that are unpopular.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #26
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

Other than liking snakes, spider, and bulblebees, I think you're pretty normal. Just because you tip your hat to old fashioned gentlemen does not make it a pet peeve, I personally was raised to have gentile manners, but I don't always use them, as sometimes the gloves must come off.

Don't feel bad about taking pictures wiwth giant turtles or wahtever. I've got two of my favourite photos are me standing beside a 70 foot palm tree that DWARFS me in St. Thomas. The other is me sitting on a cannon in Charleston, SC. The cannon is huge, against me in a Federal cavalry uniform. I'm sitting on the cannon and I look tiny, but we all can't be ten feet tall, right?

My pet peeve are those vets who have served ten or twenty years, and they look down on you because you only served a little over one. I hate those damn guys, who make otehrs feel like nothing they've done holds any merit, ,because they didn't outlive their service time. Nothing makes me angrier, even though I've done more than them (17 parachute jumps, 3 HALO's, and 2 frogman certs!), they think you are a lower, scummy ilk.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #27
kelane6
JKF Member

kelane6 Between 10 and 49 points

I don't know it sounds like you like almost all kinds of music, at least a wide variety. And most prefer a gentleman to cocky asses. I love water & tea. All seems normal to me, of course I also like to say I'm basically white trash & proud of it, not redneck kind of white trash though!
kelane6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #28
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloublu View Post
Hi I'm a newbie and I just want to say hello. Hello! Anyway I hate teenagers that sit behind me in the cinema and talk through the whole movie and have to go to the bathroom 5 times during it and also get snacks.
Ahahaaa amen to that! and a spiffing good hello also louloublu, and Welkomen to ze forum ...
anyway.......Its the same annoying thing i also hate, or should i say 'detest' teen gits fiddling about with there bloody snacks, and all those damn rustling packets ...a foul stench of bubble gum, and poxy mobile phones bleeping cant they just ever ever go to atleast one place on this cursed earth without there bloody annoying gimp arsed mobile phones on....PLEASE!!! for just ONCE in there worthless lives! most of the time i tell em where to go and stuff it....

...and on another note, ppl who shake your hand, but only grab/shake your fingers. Gaaaaaaaaaaah i loath that...what ever happened to a 'manly' handshake!? meh
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #29
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

I'm not arguing at all with the cell phone thing. I keep mine turned off unless I am outside of the office, then it's on. If I'm at home, it's off, I'll check it every hour on the hour, and those who know me know that, so they call at 45 after.

Never ahd too much of a problem with the rustling candy wrappers, but I HATE those stupid people who see the movie every weekedn, so they feel thhe need to repeat what the actor will say before they say it! I want to stab them in the face, and play aorund in their blood.

I am known to say rude obsenities when that happens.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #30
Little Bird
Administrator

Marc - then you'd hate to go to the cinema with me. It just isn't enjoyable unless I have some juicy Fruit bonbons to nibble on!

MysteriousWisdom