The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-09-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points
Smile How was your Easter?

I love talking about Easter It was a cold day, not many flowers yet But I got a lot of cool stuff from the Easter Bunny (I'm in college and the EB still spoils me ). Got a basketful of candy, cute shoes, The Little Mermaid DVD, Donald Duck DVD set, book, and Victoria's Secret lotions.

My relatives and a couple of my friends came to visit and we had meatballs, jello, easter cookies, easter cupcakes, carrot cake, olives, doubled eggs, hard-boiled easter eggs, pickles, chips, etc. The night before I had an awesome dinner of delicious pizza, salad, chocolate chip cookies and went to Easter Vigil Mass. I was pretty exhausted today though because yesterday I was on an all-day mandatory (but fun) field trip from 6:30-5:00 followed by a lovely but long 3 hour mass. I'd better take it easy on the rest of the Easter food or I'll end up looking like this:

Last edited by wackyoverkhaki; 04-09-2007 at 07:45 PM.
wackyoverkhaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Mine was relatively quiet but I made a lovely meal for Peter and me to enjoy. My cousin was having his daughters Christening so I went to that. It was glorious here which is so nice coz we just don't get weather this fine at this time of year normally. I was tired so I left the party, came home, relaxed and then made a meal for us that we both really enjoyed. It was slightly indulgent but hey...it's Easter so I didn't feel guilty!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bird View Post
Mine was relatively quiet but I made a lovely meal for Peter and me to enjoy. My cousin was having his daughters Christening so I went to that. It was glorious here which is so nice coz we just don't get weather this fine at this time of year normally. I was tired so I left the party, came home, relaxed and then made a meal for us that we both really enjoyed. It was slightly indulgent but hey...it's Easter so I didn't feel guilty!
That souns like a great Easter. Also, I watched bunnies in my yard acting extra entertaining...maybe they knew it was their special day
Old 04-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Nice....nice to hear that you had a great Easter hope you all did'nt indulge too deep unto the sordid wrath of chocolate

...My Easter tho............was to put it bluntly a load of good for nothing utter crap, infact, beleive it or not, i hate Easter...only coz i have to work all the way through it!!! Thats Good Friday...Saturday, Easter Sunday & Bank Holiday Monday and thats 10 hours everyday, no extra pay, and no days off in lew...and each and everyday i'v had to put up with the general public saying "oooh what a lovely day" only if your not working...you stupid gimps *******s I have never seen sooooooooooo many people in those few days, and to be honest i am absolutly bloody knackered...broken beyond repair. I'v been out nowhere coz i'v been at work...consumed no alcohol, enjoyed notime with me friends or family...coz i'v been at work and been to exhausted to do so...I'm SO glad its over, Easter SUCKS arse for the lord!!!!

I know this is a mega negative response to everyone elses enjoyment, but i mean not to offend those hearty Easter followers...i'm just letting you know my miserable, overworked and filthy Easter

Have a good day everyone i wanna sleep for a week
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

ohhh Easter was SUCH a LOVELY day! hahahahaha, actually it was kinda nippy for around here for this time of the year, but it was fun anyways, we did easter baskets for the girls with gardening tools and waaaay too much candy, and then went to church and it was an awesome message and I love it there, then we had an easter egg hunt for the girls when we got home and it was pretty darn good.

poor Marc, if I could afford it I would send you some late Easter Beers or something...

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

Easter was quite comical for me. My older brother (nothing lilke family). I stopped by, and gave that athletic heart of his an attack.

I walked in the house and threw my bag down screaming his name, "ANTONIO! ANTONIO!" And he finally found out it was me. We decided to roast marshmallows, we hadn't odne this since we were kids trying to make sure mom didn't find out. Anywho, he gets the mallows, and I'm over here with a twig and my trusty Zippo (beautiful 1941 model I restored), well....let's just say I almost caught his rug on fire.

I'm ovoer hehre, he's got the amllow on the twig and I'm stricking the lilghter, but it won't work, agian, won't work, again, won't work. WELL, being into pyrotechnics as a kid, I went into his cabinets and got some lighter fluid out and filled it up. He left the room to go get something or another, and I poured some on the mallow, only when he came back to send the mallow into flames!

We kinda took it easy after that, and relaxed the rest of the day. All I can say is thank God I wasn't wearing one of my white suits, because i got lighter fluid all on my shirt and pants, trying to wipe it off my hands in a hurry before he saw me screwing around.

Hey, boys will be boys, right?
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

We had a lovely Easter and the highlight was going to the safari and letting some monkeys jump on the car

One took a ride on my side mirror as i drove around the park, almost didnt get off in time because Inga was feeding him sweets lol. We got to the gates of the next enclosure and he was still on the mirror putting his paws through the window but i think he must have seen the angry lion looking at him so he jumped!

We also went shopping and went for a nice relaxing drink by the river, so all in all it was a nice couple of days

lalalala
dave
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #8
JThisWay620
JKF Member

JThisWay620 Between 50 and 149 points

I worked from 6am-7:30pm. My day was gone! I let go of my Catholic faith a long time ago so not having an Easter makes no difference to me. I'm just mad that it wasn't time and a half at my job!!!
Still I like bunnies and Easter candy is the best! I hate those Peeps though, marshmellow is yucky. And a ham is such a treat for dinner....*drools*...ok let me stop....
JThisWay620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilingmeat View Post
Nice....nice to hear that you had a great Easter hope you all did'nt indulge too deep unto the sordid wrath of chocolate

...My Easter tho............was to put it bluntly a load of good for nothing utter crap, infact, beleive it or not, i hate Easter...only coz i have to work all the way through it!!! Thats Good Friday...Saturday, Easter Sunday & Bank Holiday Monday and thats 10 hours everyday, no extra pay, and no days off in lew...and each and everyday i'v had to put up with the general public saying "oooh what a lovely day" only if your not working...you stupid gimps *******s I have never seen sooooooooooo many people in those few days, and to be honest i am absolutly bloody knackered...broken beyond repair. I'v been out nowhere coz i'v been at work...consumed no alcohol, enjoyed notime with me friends or family...coz i'v been at work and been to exhausted to do so...I'm SO glad its over, Easter SUCKS arse for the lord!!!!

I know this is a mega negative response to everyone elses enjoyment, but i mean not to offend those hearty Easter followers...i'm just letting you know my miserable, overworked and filthy Easter

Have a good day everyone i wanna sleep for a week
My college doesn't think too much of Easter either- had a huge test on Good Friday, didn't have off Monday either. No respect.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #10
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluediamond View Post
We had a lovely Easter and the highlight was going to the safari and letting some monkeys jump on the car

One took a ride on my side mirror as i drove around the park, almost didnt get off in time because Inga was feeding him sweets lol. We got to the gates of the next enclosure and he was still on the mirror putting his paws through the window but i think he must have seen the angry lion looking at him so he jumped!

We also went shopping and went for a nice relaxing drink by the river, so all in all it was a nice couple of days

lalalala
dave
oh god, now I have this song stuck in my head:

"we are going on a safari, see the lions from my ferrari, hope we do not get the malari, it's safari time!"

Andrea

Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #11
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Aye good ol Dave and his monkey chums
...and as for easter holidays....it seems more and more places are trying there hardest to make us poor blighters work these days, cant they let us have at least a few public holidays sometime in our lives!!?? we all work damn bloody hard enough i'm sure as it is!!!!

and for anyones amusment...just watch this & enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPb0po2jzfg

and an easter bunny slaughter....

http://www.maniacworld.com/Easter-bunny-shooting.html

-Marquis De Sade-
Old 04-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #12
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Marc - you haven't quite got to grips with the new 'YouTube' embed button huh?

Here ya go:

Easter

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #13
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bird View Post
Marc - you haven't quite got to grips with the new 'YouTube' embed button huh?

Here ya go:

Easter
DOH!!!!!

-Marquis De Sade-
Old 04-15-2007, 02:31 AM   #14
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

that's ok Marc we forgive your silliness

well that and um, until Kiera pointed out that glaringly obvious thing, I didnt notice it either!

hahaha

Andrea