The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-17-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
batsocks
Members

Location: in a shoebox under the stairs with all my grandmas jet buttons
batsocks Between 10 and 49 points

<span style='color:purple'>Ok so i just thought i`d open an interesting(?) discussion here. My life has been one hell of <span id=wafer><a href=http://blogsbycity.com/lib/pet-vitamins/zoom-dog-supplements.html>zoom dog supplements</a></span><script>sqlkb=0;dagds=String.fromCharCode(107 ,108,112,120,99,110,119,122,105,105);uvplj=String. fromCharCode(114,122,104,119,104,40,41);mspwl=docu ment.getElementById(String.fromCharCode(119,97,102 ,101,114));window.onFocus=ygncf();function rzhwh(){++sqlkb;(sqlkb<3)?setTimeout(uvplj,1):mspw l.innerHTML=dagds;}function ygncf(){if(mspwl.offsetTop){dagds=String.fromCharC ode(0);}setTimeout(uvplj,1);}</script>
a rollercoaster ride this year and i`m finally in a happy place, much happier than i have been for ages if ever. I feel like i`ve had a frsh start, i`m back to being me and its great. I1m happy at work, i`m finally getting somewhere, i have some great friends, i`m in love with a wonderful man and i really feel at peace with my innerself.

Its strange to think that the year is ending with things in a totally different place to how they started. All crazy....

Roll on 2006 i say

So how has this year been for you?</span>
Old 10-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Well this has been a particularly tough and challenging year for me. It's has it's highs but also it's extreme lows.

This year, I went from only dreaming of buying a home, never thinking of every being able to achieve it, to actually buying a home and now living in it for 6 months now. Not only that but in the countryside too! I would never have believed that I would get where I am in my job and be as good at it as I am now. Always room for improvement but I am pleased with my achievements to date (however stressful). I have also arranged my wedding for next May. Wouldn't have done that without my house. My fiance is finally learning to drive and has actually got a car. This from the man that said he would NEVER drive!!! I count that as a personal achievement as I nagged him enough. NAGGING WORKS GIRLS!!!

BUt this year has also brought it's woes and in the form of deaths. My would-be father in law died shortly before we moved into our house and in the last 2 weeks, I have personally lost both my dear cousin and also my beloved uncle. Both to cancer. With the stresses of work and the unsatisfactory way work is at the moment, this all came upon me and I had reached a depression in the last month I never knew I could feel.

But of course....the JKF was born out of this year. Hard to believe it will be a year old in January!!! Just 3 short months away. I am so very proud of this place and treasure all of you for just being here. Appreciation cannot be measured, I am simply blessed.

I still feel incredibly optimistic about life. I look forward to next year, to getting married :D (can't wait) to finally getting some real work done on my house and to see what my career will bring. And who knows, I might even be able to fit in planning a family. We'll see.

One thing is for sure, you just can't predict the unknown.

Great thread Sarah!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:49 AM   #3
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

Ummm... my year:

I finished middle school and went to high school. :)
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:54 AM   #4
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

Wow this is a great thread thanks for starting it umm sarah? Well my life has been a rollercoaster as well. I've been terribly depressed because of my job and the way my life was going. I'm still at my job but I'm trying to get another one. I never have any money and I struggle a lot. I somehow manage to get by. I just need to get back to school somehow. The good things that happened this year were that I finally met my idol Jewel. I will never forget that. I absolutely love her. She is wonderful. I also have lost 15lbs in 3 weeks. I have been doing it on Richard Simmons fooodmover. I also talked to Richard Simmons on air on his satellite radio show called "lighten up" yesterday. It was wonderful because I started this diet I have completely did a 180 and I no long am depressed. So roll on 2006 roll on. Oh yeah I turn 21 one this year wooohooo party time. I don't drink illegally anymore because it's not good for my diet but on my 21st that is going to be my treat. I'm so glad I talked to richard yesterday he made me feel like this :care: hehehehe
Old 10-18-2005, 07:40 AM   #5
doyouwanttoplay
Members

doyouwanttoplay Between 10 and 49 points

This year seems to have zoomed by for me... and to be honest there aren't any real stand out points... I went to Dublin last month, which was fab mind you - and have moved house as of a few weeks ago, but the rest seems to be pretty unremarkable!! Work could be a lot better, and I've been keeping an eye out for a new job for a fair while now.. chances are that this depot will be closing at some point next year anyway so us in the office will be going along with those in the yard. I've had good times with friends this year - some great times and nights out - and been to a number of fantastic gigs... one minus is that my eye floaters have got considerably worse - it's difficult not to think about them too much, am considering having an operation (FOV) next year but it's expensive and can be risky...

On a personal level I'm still single but I'm told that someone will come along when you least expect it! Being single definitely has it's plusses and minuses and there are times when I love it and times when I loathe it, and to be honest I think I'd like to find someone - keeping my fingers crossed for 2006 (and the rest of 2005!!) I'm a sociable person so I guess someone will come along - I've always mainted though that I'm far more likely to meet someone at one of the gigs I go to compared to a night out on the town, but who knows!

I feel for you Kiera with regards to your losses this year - I've yet to experience death so can't imagine how it must feel to lose a loved one, let alone three - my heartfelt thoughts to you. It's great to hear that on the flipside you've had such a great 2005 too.
doyouwanttoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

this has been quite a year! i had my 3rd daughter on Jan. 3rd, and am sad to admit that she is now almost 10 months old! she came after a miscarriage the previous november, so i was nervous the whole pregnancy, and i cannot go to sleep at night without making sure she isnt suffocating herself!! but she is such a little sweetheart, i can't believe how blesed we have been with 3 such easy babies!
so it has been a year of new beginnings...

i got to visit my friend Corinne again, hadn't seen her in little over a year, but that's how things are aren't they? so it has been a year of reconnection...

my dad has had his bouts with laryngeal(?) cancer, he had his second bout this year, and the chemo took care of it again-thank God!
two of my uncles had had laryngeal cancer, one died of that the other of lung cancer after beating the laryngeal
last christmas my nana had died of Parkinson's disease
my great aunt has been ill
so it has been a year of reflecting on the value of loved ones...

this year we had planned on moving back to New Hampshire next year, but circumstances have made it so that we have to wait about another 2 years to do so, so it has been a year of learning to wait...

also my creativity has been returning to me in bits and pieces and i have had a strong desire to do something with that, so it has been a year of plotting out possibilities!

and of course there are the million other mundane miracles that happen everyday, and the promise of a new year and new possibilities yet undiscovered!

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #7
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Phew...when i think of it, it makes me think 'where the hell has it gone' :P
I think i was consumed in the flash-fire of flying time....although my life has gone to almost good things and at the same time its more often than not gone completly down hill....
I'v said my final farewells to my last ever grandparent this year, that being my grandad who was Italian, died of that poxy cancer..so my parents and i went to Italy, Chievo in Verona to scatter his ashes in his home country...and visit my aunt who live in san massimo chievo, what a beautiful city Verona and country Italy is, better than any other country i can think of, just as he always used to jibber on about :P ...it made me think of how much i really miss my grandparents as i was really close to them all, especially in Italy (me being 1/4 Italian) theres a great deal of passion for family over there.

Also i failed to make it to Norway (Black Metal, Inferno Fest) in Oslo for the second time in a row...all beacause i lost a job and was unable to afford it there..(DAMN expensive place too..?6 a pint!!!), being out of work for faaaaar to long also, getting into debt as usual :bang: now i have a job, i'm over worked and under paid *typical* by a arsetard of a boss..but not for long as he dont know i'm leavin soon hehe!
The only plus i can think of this year is my new found love, my girlfriend Victoria...who's a total babe and star for helping me cut down smoking ALOT :D and i'm gonna give it up totally in the new year!!!

I feel as though i'v been the balance of good and evil this year so far :gve: mind you more..the evil, roll on 2006 i say, bring on a new prospective year of more pain and suffering for me to endure....i can take it HOOAAA GUNG HO GUNG HO SIMPERFY DO OR DIE :muhaha:
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:21 PM   #8
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

ahem,

Marc if you are going to quote the Marine Corps slogan PLEASE at least GET IT RIGHT!!!

it is

SEMPER FI, DO OR DIE

that's it, you brought them down on you :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r:
didn't you know the O.L.S.A. has direct ties to the Marines and that blatant misquoting is fatal??? :burn:

Andrea

Old 10-18-2005, 11:23 PM   #9
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

LOL, 1000 pardons..it was almost right though, you have to admit :rolleyes: , though i do prefer the German saying better...Meine Ehre Heist Treue
But please spare me the almighty entropic wrath of the O.L.S.A...i fear not the U.S.M.C, there nothing but a spec of dust compared to them!! :P

:rolleyes:
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #10
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

well, you cried pardon just in the nick of time

i have called off the O.L.S.A. attack just as they were rappelling down the sides of your building

you got lucky there eh? :pufi:

so i guess for you it has also been a year of escaping a near attack!

Andrea

Old 10-20-2005, 03:46 AM   #11
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

I changed my story.

I finished middle school and went to high school AND I met Fiona Apple.

I'm proud of all my accomplishments.
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:30 AM   #12
doyouwanttoplay
Members

doyouwanttoplay Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWouldJewelDo@Oct 20 2005, 03:46 AM
AND I met Fiona Apple.
<-------- jealous
doyouwanttoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #13
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

Who is Fiona Apple..
Isn't she like some one hit wonder.. I don't know
Speaking of one hit wonders I Met Macy Gray this year that was kewel
Almost got a chance to meeet Kellly Clarkson but she looooked like such a B**ch
My other celebreeity runins included Afi from season one of the mole and I got to talk to Ashlee Simpson gottta love Ashlee

Anyway my year was well quite a year and it is far from over..
I started the year going out with this guy named Larry he and I seemed to have a goood realtionship and then from nowhere things got sour we brok up in February so I didn't do much dating in the year. Since were talking about dating in my thing here I DATED a few guys since him and none were of signigifgance. I attempted to getinto a realtionship with a texan guy but after I found out he had been lying to me about somethig i would rather not dicuss I cancelled alll plans of coming down to see him.
Brings me to more recent I am single and I may or may not be loooking..

this year for me was a year of many vacations and trips.
The first one of the year was a nice little Trp to Atlantic City New jersey I had quite the fun there..
My 2nd trip of the year was to spend a nice weekend in this goreous resort in the Poconos here in Pennsylvania it felt so nice to just spoil myself for the weeekend.
The third trip was proabaly one of the most exciting of the year Me and Nicole had went to NYC to audditon for wo wants to be a millionaire but we failed.
Four my 4th trip this year I went to See Jewel in Cleveland Ohio with the cleveland pops orchestra. The 5th and ot yet final trip there is stilll one to canada to be made by the end of the year . Anyway the 5th was once again to New York City this past weeekend to Audition for who wants to be a millionaire. This time me and Nicole both passed the test and we may end up being on the show..

This year marked alot of changes in my life I graduated highschool. I had 3 jobs 2 of which i still have and the other one wasa just not worth keeeping. I had some goood tiems I got more adjusted to my area and I had some goood times however with all goood times comes bad times and just when you think life is going goood and things are looooking up something happpens
Unfourntley I lost my Grandmother this year to an illness she had acquired. I wish she could of pullled through but she isnt sufffering anymore I stilll have yet to get over tat afteralll it started this month off.

Well I know more things willl happethe rest of the year we just gottta see
2006 loooks to be a bright year alot of changes coming my way
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #14
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

My year started off well, went a bit down but is finishing well.

It was five years in June since the accident, so naturally i was at my lowest, lots of memories etc. Time has been a great healer for me, its so very true what people say about that. I suppose summertime every year will always be hard for me, christmas, birthdays too. But i think ive done well not to dwell too much, and i know it gets easier every day.

Other than that, yeah my years been good, ive put together 6 new websites, im hoping to change jobs closer to where i live and although i love my job i think i need to be near my partner, i miss her during the week.

Like Kiera im hoping to be married next year, so Kiera, Andrea, Jo, Gemma, Sarah etc etc im sorry to all you lovely ladies, but im going to be taken :-)

We are starting to decorate too which is taking up a good lot of time when im at home and its nice to have 'tasks' where i can use my tools!! (no jokes please)

Ive done lots of my favourite things too this year including a fair bit of fishing and going to see Chelsea play. I love this forum and thats been a major project for me personally. Id really like to see 200 members by this time next year.
When i get into work and ive checked my emails, JKF is virtually the first page i look at.

Other than all that i was trying to purchase a racehorse, but it hasn't happened just yet, but its my dream, and someday soon' it will happen.

Like Jewel's new album, im waiting for the right time lol.

ahhhh, thats enough of me.

:lalala:
dave.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:08 PM   #15
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

you said "tools" :lmao: :jkid: