The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #16
batsocks
Members

Location: in a shoebox under the stairs with all my grandmas jet buttons
batsocks Between 10 and 49 points

I have totally been there myself hun!

What started off as getting Tabby`s claw removed from her paw ended in realising she needed some teeth removing. As she is 15 the vet was scared to put her under anaesthetic, but the op was needed real bad.
I could not sleep or concentrate at work whilst she was at the vets. I even made sure the nurse would phone me with updates which she did, it really helped.

Oh no Crazed overprotective mother hormones are lurking about!!
Old 05-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #17
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Trust me...hormones or not, I am like that anyway when it comes to Baz.

I'm just really pleased he's so happy now. I still feel slightly bad because I hadn't noticed until now that it really had affected him. He's become playful again though he still sleeps most of the time, he's definitely more active than before the claw was fixed.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #18
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

That's good to hear. Sounds like Baz is really getting back into the routine!! That is always a good sign. He's able to walk ok on that foot? I'm sure it will be awhile until he's 100%.

I've got to go take my kitty to the groomer's to have her claws trimmed tomorrow!! I have tried I don't know how many times (& very unsuccessfully!) to trim them myself, but she's figured out what the clippers do so she runs at the sight of them!!! Smart cat, huh? I have to have a professional do that. No way am I getting scratched by those talons!! But I don't believe in de-clawing cats, so it is something I must do. When I got my female kitty from an adoption agency, I had to sign something that says I cannot ever de-claw my cat, which is perfectly fine for me. That's the first time I've seen such a 'contract' before...
Old 05-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #19
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Actually, it's like there was never a problem with his foot. He's walking around and jumping up on our laps and things without any problems which is great.

I don't believe in declawing either. They need their claws and although they can be quite destructive on furniture and carpets, if you train them well enough, they don't do that. Baz knows all the places he's allowed to scratch and that's where he scratches. On very rare occasions does he disobey that but he knows he's done wrong when that happens.

Baz is a big wimp so I can easily clip his claws without any problems. He makes it clear he's not happy about it but then again, he'll just sit there until the whole unpleasantness is over. He's good like that.

He doesn't bite or scratch people (not intentionally anyway) and he's very caring and gentle with children, even if they poke and pull on him, he'll never attack. Even the few times, when provoked, that he has gone to bite, he has never broken skin. I just don't think he has it in him to be like that.

It's hard to come by such gentle cats who are as well behaved as him. I know we'll be very lucky if we ever get another cat like him.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote