The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Poll: What do you think of 0304?
Poll Options
What do you think of 0304?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #16
louloublu
Super JKF Member

louloublu Between 10 and 49 points

I love 03;04. It's the first Jewel album I bought after POY and I just loved how it showed her diversity as an artist. It's not as if she stopped writing songs that had a point (Intuition, Stand, America) and Sweet Temptation could be on This Way. Yes U Can is a great dance track with a fantastic bassline and is absolutely loaded with irony ("Papa's got a brand new bag and Mama's got her hot-pants on), illustrating the seedier side of the club-scene.

There are so many artists out there that stick to the same formula and Jewel certainly (and thankfully) isn't one of them. ALl the great artists do experimental albums. For my money this is one experiment that paid off.

My copy is stuck (literally) in my car radio at the moment, which is maybe I'm so passionate about it!
louloublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #17
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

What I could never understand is the number of 'so called' fans to have deserted Jewel after they heard 0304 and said they hated it. Fair enough, they didn't like it but why desert her altogether just for one album when the first 3 were so loved? I say, continue to love the first 3 albums and then be open to future albums, don't just abandon her for one album that they don't like. I just don't get it. That's not being a real fan as far as I am concerned.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #18
JThisWay620
JKF Member

JThisWay620 Between 50 and 149 points

I love 0304. It's not my fav Jewel album, that would be This Way, but it's fun! Bottomline is that 0304 gave us an aspect of how truly talented Jewel really is. Any artist who can hop genres with little effort and good results deserves tons of accolades especially from fans. 0304 rounded out Jewel's muscial catalogue and gave us a happier more upbeat Jewel. How many artist's can you say that they have a song for every mood you amy be in? Pop, country, rock, folk, opera, blues, if you havea mood Jewle has a song for it. I say good riddance to any former Jewel fan who could not fathom what Jewel was aiming for with that album, they obviouslyt were not smart enough to be Jewel fans in the first place.
JThisWay620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #19
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

I offer no sympothy for that
those damn fake fans as i call them.

I loved 0304 still is my favorite jewel cd
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #20
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

I don't love it or hate it. My favorite Jewel album is definitely This Way.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #21
louloublu
Super JKF Member

louloublu Between 10 and 49 points

Oh I had written a lovely long post and my computer went all wiggy. Grrrr! Anyway you will all be happy to know that my car stereo relinquished my copy of 03:04. Yippee. It was a perfest day to listen to it with the windows rolled down. I could listen to Yes U Can again and again (badum-tish!). I'm addicted to that bass-line.

Anyway my point was that yes fine if you don't like 03:04 as a body of work but it is unfair to compare it to previous or subsequent albums.

When I listen to a piece of music or an album I like to take it as it is. Artistic integrity is more important to me than the genre of the music.

What I really love about 03:04 is how fresh and relevant it still sounds today. ("You learned love from Charlie Sheen") That's difficult in an industry where last months next big thing is this months has-been and saying the right thing and knowing the right people is more important than the art itself.

In the book Revealing Jewel, she talks about pursuing art rather than celebrity. If you pursue the art you will never lose because you will have been true to yourself.

Kinda the same thing as littlebird said but in a more long-winded way. Sorry lb!

Jewel pursues art and that is why she, and 03:04 will endure.

Last edited by louloublu; 04-06-2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
louloublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:53 AM   #22
Webbed
JKF Member

Webbed Between 150 and 249 pointsWebbed Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_team_asia View Post
if it had not been for 0304, i never would have been a Jewel fan. after i heard Intuition, i decided to look into other Jewel albums. Pieces of You is definitely my favorite Jewel album over all, but if it weren't for Intuition (0304), i never would have listened to any of Jewel's other music. I really like 0304
I have to agree. She had some hits, but Intuition really put her back on mainstream. After that, even her older songs started to catch my attention. Sometimes, it takes a trigger to look at things in a diffent light. Intuition did exactly that. And let's face it: even though she was mocking the mainstream media on that video, it did in fact boost her sexiness (and her own bling) on people's radars.

And since that video, I went to her concert and the Meet and Greet, bought all her albums, got her DVD, etc... and This Way became my favorite. So there you have it. The power of 0304.
Webbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #23
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

enhhh 0304 is good from time to time. I can still catch lyrics I like within all the drum machines and whatever else, and I can even hear a guitar once in a while. It's a decent album, I agree artists reserve the right to broaden their horizons. But I listen to this album very very rarely..

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #24
puck023
James

puck023 Between 50 and 149 points
Default :)

I like 0304 alot, I think it's one of her most poignant albums. Sweet Temptaion is one of my favoret songs. And I cant get enough of the 2 find U Live version in the videos thread.
puck023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #25
artistindisguise
JKF Member

artistindisguise Between 0 and 10 points

it's actually her only cd i don't own. but i want it so bad!!!!
artistindisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #26
wmtodd
Banned

wmtodd Between 0 and 10 points

It's all good, she will succeed and I hope she finds joy with everything she does.... But I still think the Confederate rednecks are going to get on her nerves with this country path..... William Hollifield

Last edited by wmtodd; 03-09-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: changed my mind
wmtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #27
R*Philippines
I jewel everyday.

R*Philippines Between 50 and 149 pointsR*Philippines Between 50 and 149 points

R*Philippines Presents
VIDEOS from the album: O3O4

Stay COOL !!!
RY
R*Philippines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:12 AM   #28
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

How can somebody not love 0304?! It is awsome! Its funny, My favorite Jewel CD's in order are: GAIW, 0304, This Way, Spirit, and Peices Of You. I say that, but 0304 and GAIW are tied. Oh well. From previous accounts, Im hoping Perfectly Clear is my new favorite!

Sweet Temtation and Yes You Can. are, whats the word for it, Slammin'! I love em!

say hello to the room where the party's jumpin.....
Old 06-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #29
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict you will not like PC as much as you hope to. It's far from 0304

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #30
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

I think the melodies of 0304 are truly beautiful, perhaps I doesn´t share much the music style, but I find something pure and clear and those songs.
Thanks! She dare everyday to face each motherer that doesn´t agree with her spirit. I hope she keep on doing what she like and love.
Otherwise I like to listen to that album despite what I said before.
Kisses, Sonne
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote