The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #61
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

woo, I havent visited this thread in while! Wow, I really like all the stuff you guys have posted, be it serious and heartfelt--I really liked your poem about your grandma Christie, alot, or humorous-DAVE I CAN SPELL DANGIT! Just because you are old and befuddled! and Jones I really did like the military poems too.
Everywhere you go there is an officer too, my husband got talked to once for wearing his coveralls to a chinese takeout one night when we were picking up our food. Jeez, you can never escape em can ya?

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #62
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

NO, you can't. THey prey on you in the beginning, and shake hands with you in the end. They udnerstand it was just for training, but you can't help but walk away and hate them.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #63
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Well, not necessarily. It can be annoying to have known rules enforced, esp. in public, but on the other hand, my husband knew he wasn't supposed to be in his work coveralls in public. Looks sloppy, reflects badly on the Corps, all that stuff.

Andrea

Old 02-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #64
Banned

Oh, I get what you're saying, being out oout of correct uniform. You're husband a Marine?

Well, that would explain why? Some buddies of mine and I were in Miramar at the Marine Corps base there, and we had all seen the movie Top Gun, right? Well, we all elected to go out on furlough to a local bar, and we elected to all go out in our service white. (Just like seen in Top Gun, we thought it would be very Maverickish, you know?) Well, we were supposed to remain in our standard khakis, but they don't look as flashy and nice as the regwhites. SO we all changed.

IT was me and three other guys. The highest ranking one of us was a Lieutenant, and we ran into our Lt. Commander who gave the order. We were toast. THey made us do KP, the grease pit in our whites that next breakfast in the mess halls. We were covered in grease and never really got the stains out. I know I bought a new white uniform!

All I can say is thank god were weren't Article 15'ed.

Jonesy
Old 02-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #65
awiste
Alli

awiste Between 50 and 149 points

I have such a soft spot for Marines. My Dad was a marine (well, once a marine, always a marine right?) and two of my brothers. One of my brothers served time in Iraq as a grunt clearing out abandoned buildings... not a safe situation. Anyway, both brothers are out now and the one is just about done with his inactive duty.

Oh sorry. I didn't contribute any poetry... I'm not much of a poet. I guess I haven't ever really tried though... hm.
awiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #66
Banned

I only hhave one word to say to that.

HOORAH!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:51 PM   #67
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Yup my husband worked on the Hueys and Cobras, he enjoyed the work alot and enjoyed being a part of the Marine Corps. My family members have served in the Army, Navy and Marine corps, atleast one of my uncles served in Vietnam. I was going to go into the Army before I got married to a Marine :-D

hmm, and you make a good point Alli, we have really neglected the poetry part of the thread-lol

Andrea

Last edited by Eibhlin; 02-28-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: good night my fingers won't type correctly