The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points
Default Happy Day

Some of you are unaware of this and some of you have known for some time now, but my Dad has been very ill with a tumour on his pituitary gland, which is in his head, behind the eyes.

He's been undergoing intensive treatment over the last few months and it's been a rollercoaster of emotions for my dad and my family.

The treatment he has been undergoing has been for several problems as well at the main problem...the tumour. I have kept all this off the main part of the forum as I didn't want to make a big deal of it here. However, on Monday evening, we got great news.

The treatment has been working brilliantly and subject to an MRI, it is likely the tumour has been greatly reduced. The hormone levels in his system causing secondary problems, although still very high, are dramatically lowered and out of the severe danger zone. He will have to stay on this medication for life though and it isn't necessarily going to stop the tumour from re-growing but it will mean that for the long term, he won't need surgery and that's one of the best pieces of news!!

This has taken a huge weight off his and the families tense shoulders.

I was so over joyed by the news, I thought I'd share it with everyone.

It was really a happy day.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

That's great, Kiera! I've been thinking about you and your family a lot since your first post. Glad to know things are going better.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

that is such a relief!! big huge hugs!!!

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

I'm so happy for you and your family. That's great news.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
awiste
Alli

awiste Between 50 and 149 points

I'm sorry you and your family have had to go through all of this. How wonderful to hear the good news! I will continue to think about you and hope that you continue to get great news regarding your fathers health!
awiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

I know this probably isn't my best verbage, but I'll give it a shot.

"I'm particuarly pleased to know that your father is doing well. I would never want to see another person lose a parent. And I'm thrilled that your old man is in better help and hopefully better spirits. I know that this sounds odd of me to post as I am taught never to show emotion, but I had no idea this was going on, and I would pay any price than to see someone's loss of a parent.

Take it from a primary source, my old man drowned himself to death as you know for nine years, and I lost him under arguably the worst circumstances ever, telling him to flake himself while I went out into the world trying to be Mister Know-It-All.

The point of the tyrade is that you should most definitely speak with him every day, and cherish EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. Because he is alive and hopefully well, i want you to have the best experiences with him and respect him as we are taught to 'Honour thy father and mother.'

I'm quite happy for you and very glad things are working out well. I hope the tumour dissentegrates(hope i speeled that right?). Be glad he's with you for another day, and hopefully many other days to spend time with and to cherish.

Bless your heart, since it was so private from the forum tells me that you're a real trooper, and as litle as this means: I will pray for his condition and pray for your sentiment to him. My prayers are with you in that I know the sting that accompanies the loss of one's family in a split second, and I would doll out any amount of cash or anything to prevent that from ever striking you. It is something that should never happen, and I do pray that you will accept my words as a testament to my peaceful and strictly honourable intentions.'

As I think you'd take it wrong if I said I wanted to be an "Angel Standing By" as I'm not sure how it would be accepted, (I've got enough people relying on me already as is) I just want you to know and see that I DO CARE, and am actually praying for both the life of your old man and your own self.

That is the point of being an "Angel Standing By" or being an "EveryDay Angel", is to know that I've never seen your face, much less your father's, and that I will pray for his wellbeing and health, because I'd hate to see anyone, much less a woman go through that pain, or any pain as it were.

May the psirit of Y'Shua (jesus, in Hebrew) touch you and your father's mind, heart and body, and relieve any illness. Ba'shem Y'shua, toda Adonai!

Not that this sounds sane at all, but I'll be blowing the Hebrew Calling horn that Hebrew's use to bless the earth (Moses used to call all Hebrews out of bondage via the Red Sea, it's all in the Bible, it was a sign of liberty and life, La'heim.) and may the spirit of Adonai raise you and your father's name, in the spirit of Y'shua, and may he give you Shalom, peace among your house.

PO1 Jones
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

my last post was really short, but I wanted to reiterate how glad I am for you guys! My friend Corinne has been going through much the same thing, and it has been hard on her. It really seems that cancer has been so prevelant these past years in so many peoples lives that I know, and it is such a ray of hope to hear GOOD news about it. I mean, we all die eventually, but when it's from a disease, it just makes it so much harder, so to have a positive turn is so great. I am really so so glad for you! To have more time is a true gift.

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

Thanks everyone. It means so much. You're all so thoughtful.

I have a very healthy attitude towards death. I suppose I have to with my buddhist beliefs but I am comfortable with it. I know I don't want to lose my Dad. We have too much to do together. He needs to know my grandchildren and it was these thoughts that upset me more by the thought that this may not happen.

I am lucky to have such a good relationship with my Dad, though we've been through some extremely hard times in the past, we've been at peace fore a long time now and understand what's important.

I'd personally like to thank the kindness I received from those here that did know about it. It gave me great strength at times when I really needed it.

It is still early days so I hope we're not premature in our celebrations.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 02-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #9
Banned

I do know that this is not my place to speak at all and readily admit it. This is not my place to speak and for the following I apologize in advance. But I must, because I've believed that any reassuring words from anyone can help in a time of need. Despite my own faults, I never want to see anyone lose a parent. That's one thing that we must all face, but we never should have to, and I trully believe that deep down in my bones. Mine was my worst memory of childhood that actuallly forced me into manhood early.

If I didn't believe every word I'm writing, I would be doing something else with my time. That's why I'm here, right now.

All I can say is, just let your father know you love him and that you are ALWAYS present with him and that he is always present with you in your heart. You'll just have to trust me on this.

I've been around you know, and wished I would have done the right thing. You have the opportunity to do some real connection between your father and you here that is really quite priceless.

I mean this with my heart, I really do, and I can't say it enough: please don't let it go bad. To know that when he does pass on, that you did everything that you could have correctly, is something wonderful. Just please, PLEASE, if nothing else, just tell him every day you love him, cause I'd give my soul for nothing but to tell my old man those teary words, but I can't. I don't even know where his remains are, I have no clue if he's in a cemetary or cremated or where his body is, so even if I could tell his grave that I loved him, I'll never have that chance. Literally, I have 'lost' him, and don't know where his body is. So, I can't tell my father I love him.

You can. Don't pass it up not even once.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #10
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Accept my heartfelt good wishes Kiera...I had no idea atall of your fathers illness, and i guess its always a burden to have anything like that happen within the family, I'm very glad it was good news in the end for you...lets just hope you can relax a little more now!
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:53 AM   #11
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

Very wonderful news, Kiera!! My heart just did a somersault for you!! So glad that they've figured out the problems and are treating them. That's the best anyone could ask for in a situation like this.

Our prayers for you and your family have worked, I'd say, and I'll continue praying for your wellbeing and that of your father and the rest of your family. Like Jonesy said, cherish every moment with your father and other family. You just never know when might be the last time to say "goodbye".....I say that from experience too.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:08 AM   #12
Little Bird
Administrator

He still has some thyroid problems and issues around his nasal passage that they need to sort that are secondary but are thankfully not life threatening. I really hope the medication continues to work. It's shown significant improvement in patients with similar tumours and is fairly new. Clearly, it's doing what it needs to be doing.

Thanks again everyone :thanx_1_prv:

MysteriousWisdom
Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #13
Banned

One last thing, I didn't mean for that Hebrew Tyrade to come out. Sorry to those who didn't get it, you'll just have to believ that it was good.

I pray in Hebrew, I believe God hears me better.

That's all.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #14
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

great news Kiera, best wishes to yourself, paul and your family. keep keeping strong like your doing.

hugs

dave.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
Little Bird
Administrator

Paul, who's Paul??? Don't ya mean Peter? Old age getting to you again Dave? God love ya. I know you mean well but you may need to start carrying notes around with you. My grandmother used think it was God send when she got old. :lmao2:

I'm so bold.

MysteriousWisdom