The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #46
randallflagg
Seb

randallflagg Between 50 and 149 points

if you want my opinion on 007 story i know him from the wjf and i find him very nice and funny , i have big difficulties to believe that he's the only guilty in the story...

Old 07-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #47
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Thanks also Alli and Marc! Means a lot to hear your thoughts.

Anyway, I will be the first to say that I don't know a lot about US politics so I'm not really in the position to debate however, what I do know of George Bush and on the war in Iraq is that Bush, in my opinion, is an idiot.

I won't say that the war in Iraq was pointless though. At least not to begin with, perhaps now it's hard to see the point. If it wasn't for the US intervention, Saddam would still be in power and as much hardship as the people there remain to endure, I still see that as a positive in the whole ordeal.

I am amazed by the courage of the great men and women who get deployed there. An ex-boyfriend of mine who is American and went back to live in the US some years ago is now serving for the USAF in Iraq. We ended amicably so we are still on friendly terms. I do fear for his safety as I wouldn't wish anything to happen to him but it seems that nowadays, the war is futile. It is just a killing spree. All these good men and women dieing everyday, and for what?

I sincerely feel for every one of those men and women fighting and for their families and friends. I hope this all ends soon!

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-30-2007, 03:59 AM   #48
ROBARE
JKF Member

ROBARE Between 10 and 49 points

This thought of mine
Has has very long vines
But where they reach
Are more to preach
Old 07-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #49
kelane6
JKF Member

kelane6 Between 10 and 49 points

First as far as I know I've seen nothing to make me think anyone has ever seen my PMs to anyone. I got nothing but love for ya all!

The video was very heart wrenching. I know we need to get out of there, I just feel bad for those we leave behind to sort the mess out for themselves. But by us being there we just get blamed for anything bad and that lets the truly bad guys off the hook. So I say we leave them to try it on their own a while, if they need help let them come to the UN and ask for it. No one likes it when someone tells them what to do, even if it was for their own good. Just like with any young adult, they make their own decisions and have to deal with the results of those decisions. Lets get back to working on things in our own backyard. There are plenty of home improvement projects to be working on, like the pest control issue in the government.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #50
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

Amen Kelane
Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #51
randallflagg
Seb

like 99% of the european i love war especially the last one in Iraq, they rocks!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 11:14 PM   #52
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

99%? I have to see this survey!

Well I guess they would be happy though, seeing 6,000+ year old religions and civilizations crumble to make room for our western brand of democracy. What a relief it must be for everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I do support the troops, I support them so much I say bring them the **** home.

Last edited by kjm030584; 07-31-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #53
randallflagg
Seb

well, i was sarcastic but I don't understand too much your answer, you can be more precise.
I have never met one european favorable to this war., you yes?

Old 08-01-2007, 01:16 AM   #54
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

Oh, I didn't notice the sarcasm, but I don't favor the war, LOL. I was basically just saying that we need to leave Iraq alone and develop a system that suits them because obviously democracy is not for everybody.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #55
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

Maybe they should vote on if democracy's for them or not.... :P
Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #56
randallflagg
Seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm030584 View Post
Oh, I didn't notice the sarcasm, but I don't favor the war, LOL. I was basically just saying that we need to leave Iraq alone and develop a system that suits them because obviously democracy is not for everybody.
lol , oh! ok , i was bad understand.
i have big difficulty to believe than the democraty is possible for the fews next years not before 10 or 20 years!!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #57
randallflagg
Seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansciver View Post
Maybe they should vote on if democracy's for them or not.... :P
but before make a true democraty , it's necessary that terrorism was stop, the every day a tens of Iraqi dies under the terrorist attacks!

Old 08-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #58
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Couldn't agree more Seb but that's the hardest part. There are groups that have been so conditioned to behave so violently and bred to be suicide bombers for so long, that it is so difficult to break the cycle of killing for a cause.

I don't believe there is ever a good reason to kill innocent people for any cause, no matter what religion, race, creed you are. It is unnecessary murder and it happens too frequently across the world, not just in Iraq. It makes me sigh.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM   #59
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

I was joking about voting on democracy, Seb.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #60
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Regretfully i have to say that i'm just sick to death of hearing about Iraq and there problems, for a start the media over emphasising the fact that 'innocent' ppl keep dying in this tragic episode of the 'war against terrorisim' or tyranny and what have you does'nt help...and many individual rulers or government officials are accused of tyranny because of this yada yada......as now as Iraq have relinquished of Saddam's rule, the damn Saudi's and Iran have got there snouts in it now & taken up arms and are now becoming a threat (or so we are made to believe..maybe) its a proven fact that these countries are all for the destruction of all that stands for western culture, hence there will to spark up terror camps for training troops!
I believe we've done ENOUGH to try and help out these war mongering idiots try and sort themselves out, by enforcing a so called puppet goverment, properly train & equip willing men into there own army...and still they blow themselves up and kill our boys out there! why dont we just pull ALL our troops outta that hell hole and let em get on with it, and stop 'waisting life' for christs sake!!!!! its pathetic and all pointless now, has it really gone on for so long now that we have to clean up ALL this mess up ourselves........I dont think so
Honestly, if i put the news on tonight and hear that a bunch of Iraqies have pegged it in ANOTHER car bomb attack...i'll just laugh to myself and turn the friggin telly over!
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Closed Thread