The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points
Default Your ideal lifestyle

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about people's lifestyles. everyone I know seems to have their own ideal lifestyle and sadly most of my friend's ideals are starting to conflict with my own. I am just curious to hear from everyone on what their ideal lifestyle is. Like for instance are you the type to go out clubbing and drinking every night in the city, or rather live out on a farm in the country and sit with your loved ones by the fire?
I'll go first to lead by example..

For me my ideal lifestyle would be to live in a nice house, not too big, not too small, out in the country, with a lot of property so I could have lots of animals if I wanted. I say the counrty, but I wouldn't want to be too far out, as to be cut off from the world, so I say maybe a 30 minute drive from civilization, it wouldn't have to be a huge city, just a decent sized town. After all, I still do love going to the movies and out to eat occasionally. I truly like simple things. I would be happy working from home, honestly even if it was being a farmer or something in that field. I'd take pleasure in just being with my loved ones and friends that lived in the area or not so far away. I don't need a lot of mainstream type entertainment such as clubs or bars, or malls and such to feel fulfilled. Sitting at home talking with friends & family or watching a movie would suit me just fine. Basically, I could lead a life of seclusion and be just fine..... as long as I have my computer and a good internet connection to keep connected with what truly matters, people I talk to over e-mail, the information the internet gives you, music, etc, and of coarse THE JKF!

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31 PM   #2
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

It's going to sound like I'm ripping off Gary but that's pretty much mine too. I would like to live in a plantation style home in the country. I think I would want to be a farmer but not really for profit just for me to live really. I think I would want to be well not really rich but comfortable that way I have a backup if the crop freezes or something haha. I would want to be close to a town though. I would say maybe like a town of 20k people. Like the town I live in now. I like the movies and restaraunts. I would hope that I would be with someone who loves me. But it's weird I always daydream of this and only see myself alone. I do have a pet goat though. I had a dream where I died alone happy with a pet goat he was old and wore spectacles and was my best friend and he could talk. That probably won't happen so just a nice quiet life in the country is fine for me.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I am closer to my ideal lifestyle than ever before. I already live in the country in a beautiful little village (with just 1,500 people) the has some lovely places to eat, have coffee, a drink if you'd like. Plenty of natural spendors within minutes of each other in what has been dubbed, The Garden of Ireland. I am still amazed how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

Ideally though, I would like to live down the road where there is land for sale, build a good sized family home with a reading room overlooking the Vale of Avoca with the river running through it.

I am not much of a drinker so I rarely go to the pub but do enjoy the odd glass of wine at home with friends. I love it when people come over, especially this time of year when we can all relax by the fire and chat.

Ideally though, I think the closest I'll come is to extend and upgrade our existing house. It is old and needs some TLC which needs money which we don't have. It suits our needs for now but when we begin to have a family, we will need to extend the house so that would be a big part of an ideal lifestyle...to have an ideal home to go with it. We're getting there though.

If we ever did get our own land to build on, we would have horses and cows and chickens and pigs and our own vegetables. I'd love that. I'd also like my family to be nearby, they're just not close enough and I rarely see them where I live. I always have to go to them.

But it's the simple things in life I wish for. I do not wish for money or fame, just joy and happiness and we all know money never brings those things...but it helps.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

Wow i really love you guys. It is so refreshing to hear when people want the same things as me. I am still wanting to hear from anyone else willing to express themselves, I'm interested to hear some different views and stuff. The whole reason I even started this thread was because the other day my wife and I went on a short road trip out of state with some friends of ours and my friend was making fun of this small small small farming type community out in the middle of nowhere like "wow they have so much to hope for" and I was like what do you mean?
"well I'm sure they all have big dreams of getting out of here and it will never happen"
and I said "well maybe they dont't want to leave"
and he said "yeah right? what are they going to do for fun? go visit their 5 relatives that live down the road in their busted old trailer. There's nothing to do here"
and after that i just shut my mouth b/c it was one of those moments you realize how far away you are from someone you used to be so close to...
he wants to go live in new york city and eat out at fancy restaurants and pretend to be a bohemian like RENT-style and I'm just not feeling that. he's very into the club and bar scene, and I am just not, I don't like crowds of people, they make me really nervous...
anyway sorry to go off ranting about myself again, but I did want to explain my reasons behind starting this thread... i would honestly like to hear from some who have different plans from my own and Chris's and even Kiera's.

and nothing else matters

Old 12-09-2006, 07:20 AM   #5
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

This might sound very weird, but my main purpose in life is to be rich. I love money. I want to live in a giant house! Giant! I would also open an animal shelter. They would come to me and never haved to leave. They can stay there intill they are adopted.

I really want to be a Journalist, I always wanted to, but They make very little money. I cant have a low paying job bcause I have to be wealthy! I might be a Pharmsist. They make great money, plus I could do that. I dont really want to do that, because I love to write, but I will live with it.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

Thanks for your input sitdogboy

and nothing else matters

Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

Your very welcome
Old 12-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #8
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

I want a secret passageway in my house
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 AM   #9
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

If I was going to be extravagant, I'd love my own helicopter with a helipad on the roof of my guest house. Cool! And of course, the guest house would be about the size of a standard 3 bed house where all my friends could stay in luxury. LOL

I think I'd be indulgent and have a yaght too. Ah shur why not?

Even today, I'd love some help with keeping the house clean. I know there is only 2 of us in the house but it's amazing how quickyl junk builds up. Perhaps it's all fine and I'm just paranoid coz I like a clean house and hate clutter but we are severely lacking in storage right now so it just appears that way.

To be honest, ideal at the moment is getting my roof fixed and my water tank repaired. I have a 3 buckets in my attic at the moment collecting water that needs emptying every couple of days and more frequent when it rains hard. It'll cost €10K to repair - €10K more than we have!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:41 AM   #10
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

Kiera I totally understand how even with 2 people junk can start to pile up... and also lack of storage. Lack of storage is our biggest problem. Our computer room is the storage room, so it's cramped and there's boxes stacked up in one corner almost to the ceiling. I am ready to move somewhere bigger, really..

and nothing else matters