The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points
Default You've got three days....

I remember when I was a child, I read the Neil Simon book 'BIloxi BLues'. Well, I just saw the film toit (although it's years old) last week. IN the book and in the movie, Private Gerome is playing a game with his fellow soldiers.

The game is this: You're going to die in three days. You've got only 3 days (72 hours) to live. You cna do anything you want to in these three days, except stop your death. That's against the rules, so if yo ucould live for only three days and do ANYTHING you wanted to, what would you do?

Gerome recieved mixed answers, one soldier said he'd spend it with his fmaiyl, the other said shed' go to Italy, the other siad he'd bang the Queen of England (indistinctive sounds of vomitting!). SO, I want to know what you all would do. Post as many different htings as you would like, but each scenario must be one seperate post. In other words, don't clump up one post iwth seven different versions.

Okay, since I have the feeling we'll receive novels on this, keep it to no more than two paragraphs (yeah, I'm one ot tlak, I know!).

I haven't come up with mine yet, but I'll post later on.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
Banned

And the next post after each scenario will grade the last posters scenario based on originality and the idea behind it. Be fair, guys. ANd tell why you gave the grade you did in specifics.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

I would spend day one horseback riding, all day. I would take Aiden out to the beach and just ride until I was so tired I could barely walk after, then feed him lots of carrots, and just enjoy being around the rest of the herd.

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

I would spend day 2 with all my friends and family up in the white mountains, we would all stay at camp and have a huge cookout and have so much lobster the fire pit would be overflowing with shells, and lay about in the river and build dams and stuff.

Andrea

Old 07-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Day 3 hmm, probably just me Joe and the girls, still in the white mountains, at the Lower Falls off the Kancamagus highway, then a really good meal and lots of snuggling the kids etc.

Not terribly original, but oh well!

Andrea

Old 07-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
Banned

It's original, but it seems to lack potency, however I like the concept of being iwth your family. I give you a B.

However, I meant the three days go into one whole post, not three seperate ones. That way, if you wnat ot change your last three days, say, next wek, you cna post again. PUt all of the dyas in one post that way it makes it eaiser to read.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

On day one I would spend it with my family, to tell them how much I love them, and well tell them the truth about certain things

Day two I would spend with my best friend Larissa and tell her how much I love her and how good of a friend she'd been to me.

Day three I would spend laying in a field with the rocky mountains of Idaho in the background. Just admiring the guietness of my life and being one with nature.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #8
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Day One : I'd eeerm, well, for a start try too or love to spend a whole day getting it on with Tanya James...hmmmm, or Scar & Darenzia hmmmm!!!! *ahem* sorry i'm going off on one again! let me rephrase that eeerm ok, i'v dreamt for an age now of hoping into a working German Tiger Tank, as we have here in the UK at Bovington Tank Museum...i'd love that, and just drive about in it allday long pretending within my warped little mind that i'm a German Panzer Kommander, wooping Commi butt

Day Two : I'd obviously spend with as much as my family as possible, and just reminding them on how much i love them all, talking of great memories, times gone by, spending time admiring the country life oooh arrrh and that soon we'll all meet again in another place maybe!?!?!?

Day Three : Day of Days....I tell you what, i'd just love to go back into work for one last time, and for all those annoying ppl that i have to deal with on a regular basis....i'd KILL them all, i'd maim those scumbags...bomb maim kill with blood a plenty, bash there heads in.................why? coz i'm a merciless git, i hate to many things...and i guess i'd get my one way ticket to Hell, what a way to go eh Hahahaaaahaha.....boom boom!
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #9
Banned

It's original as hell. Let's see, kudos for the military museum part. I liked that, the family is morally good and although not original it is meaningful. The work fantasy is defintiely what gives you the grade of A- (A Minus). Nicely done, Marco. However, as you could do that, in my line of work they all carry firearms, so I'd get aobut two shots off and then be killed. So good luck me doing that one, but I sitll liked your view of it.

I'm still alying mine out. And if I could do anything.....

Well, day one I'd see my team play football and they'd invite me out on the grass to hike one or two for fun. We'd be concentrated at the 20 yard line with 80 yards to our line to go.

I'd intercept the catch and dodge every scumbag on my way from the 20 yard line and dash 80 yards to our line and make the greatest touchdown anyone had ever seen, 80 yards in 7.9 seconds with only 9 seconds left to go. That would make me feel really great when the team hoists me up on their shoulders and chants my name over and over again throwing me around.

The second day would consist of me going to a Bentley showroom and actually getting inside and test driving the 2006 Bentley GT (the same car my tailor had when it was new. Jerk never gave me a ride either.) I would drive that car speeding down a country road and finally get one on my tailor who would never let me ride in his! Driving, that would be the second day.

(I know this sounds ridiculous to you all, but when you have only one eye, it's near impossible to obtain a license where I live. You've got a better chance of having Tim Curry dress you up as Dr. Frank N Furter!) Hey, it's my fantasy and I want to drive for a day! Sicne I can barely physiclaly do it now, I would drive that day in the world's finest car. I know it sounds corny, but like I said, it's my fantasy.)

On the third day, and this will sound really corny to you all, but it matters to me. I've known someone for the longest time, and we're friends, good friends. She is truly an awesome person and I've had the biggest crush on her for a while, ages (I know, you all think I can't love anything, but it's true, I care for someone out there in this world), but I have never let it show. But I think this once I'd just tell her how much I appreciate her being there as my friend and that I love her. I would also make peace with my father and say a prayer asking God to let me forgive him for all the things he did and him forgive me for making his life so hard. I would ask for his forgiveness and pray for God to tell his spirit that I forgive him. We both made each other's lives hard in many ways, and I'd just want to make the peace and let him know in one way or another that I love him.

The final thing I'd do is call my brother and thank him for being there when he was and thank him for raising me from adolescence to a young man. He was there for me when my father wasn't, and I'd just want to talk to him one last time and tell him I loved him, and that through all the trails of life, he means the world to me.

I'd hang up the phone and open the window and lay down on my bed and that would be it. I'd die there in peace and know that I've completedevery connection, I've tied all loose ends and I have made right every wrong I have done. I could be able to die without reservation or debt and have a rinsed clean spirit, and that means the most to me, to let me family know I love them, to let my friend know I care, and with that conclusion, it would be my end of days.

So, what kind of grade would I get?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #10
Banned

Strike that, I am legally licensed to operate a motor vehicle, and I can do it but physically it is difficult to perform without a right eyeball. to show an analogy, watch Rocky 2 when he's trying to train with Mickey and he gets punched and blindsided, because he can't see it. He also hits garbage cans and that's something I've done a few times.

So, just wanted to get that out of the way.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Sullen i weep upon the bosom of sorrow...oh my!!! that ended so sadley lol
Again, a slight bit of originality in there, ie. meaning it states a total unreal fantasy (as i did, about Tanya James..etc) to begin with, but its a nice thought amongst us to contimplate IF it ever comes about. Anyway same here mate, i too would love to drive a sh*t hot Bentley GT...see we do share a lot of the same interests personaly though i'd like to hack the hell out of an Aston Martin DBR9 forgive me for going off on one...but just watch this awesome machine, its a BEAST!
Top Gear - Aston Martin DBR9 GTR

*ahem* sorry...meanwhile back at the ranch! I see you have a crush on some chick eh, never a good thing to ask her out on the dawn of your death, maybe it would fill her with so much hope...yet say 24 hours later...devistation.
uurrmm, dont know about the god thing and preying n' stuff, but all ends so tragically, i think everyone should go out with a bang, fire and brimstone with a fist full scalps haha i bet you though if you do...the doctor will come in and tell you that you've 3 more months in which to live sods law...and sods a *******.
I'll give you a B+ eh and coz you failed to use your common soldiery in thinking you might last a bit longer than '2 shots' at your work place, you MIGHT!? slay half the base before you come a cropper, or...if your even lucky, make it out in an M1 Abram Tank
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

i want one

lalalala
dave

id spend 3 days driving the dbr9
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:33 AM   #13
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

i'd spend three 3days with kathy griffin
Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 AM   #14
Banned

Whoa! I was watching the same thing this weekend for about thirty seconds! Haha, why her?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 AM   #15
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

cuz she's ****ing awesome