The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 01:37 AM   #1
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points
Default If I leave here tomorrow

There's something I've got to know, Lynard Skynard summed the words up for me tonight, and they are beautifully befitting, the most beautiful words I've ever heard. It sums up why I'm posting here, this.

I just need to know.

If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?

Last edited by 007; 03-01-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

You aint hanging up yer daisy roots, putting yer hands in yer sky rockets and sailing off into the sunset are you??? and dont be telling us pork pie's now...i'm sure your having a wooly hat and scarf mate
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Old 03-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
Banned

Unfortunately, yes I am. Thhhat's why I wanted to know if I leave here tomorrow, who would still remember me?

People really don't want me here, so I'll put on my hat, get on my horse and ride off into the sunset.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

I have a very bad memory, so I'm not making any promises! :-P
Old 03-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
Banned

Quoted by Last Dance Rodeo: I don't even know what to say. Is there a category for the person you'd wish would leave the forum?

I don't know, I feel like maybe I've made a mistake coming here, nothihng personal, but after reading posts like this one, I'd just as soon know that I made a mistake and apologize for the inconvenience of my being here. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble.

Maybe I just need to not be here.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
never.alone
Jessica

never.alone Between 50 and 149 points

not to be to harsh on you but no one here hardly knows you and i dont think anyone really cares if you leave so this thread is pointless. i mean i know no one would care if i left or not, it shouldnt be such a big deal. really man, i'm sorry you get alot of crap but no one is going to appreciate you until they fully know you and thats pretty impossible on a forum.

alone. always. alone. never. alone....

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a fairy hand in hand For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand.
http://blog.myspace.com/butiwannaplay
Old 03-02-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Banned

Quote Never.alone: "really man, i'm sorry you get alot of crap"

No you're not.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:40 AM   #8
never.alone
Jessica

well i guess you caught me in my lie Jonesy
i really dont care and im not sorry.

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a fairy hand in hand For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #9
greenpoet
Amused by the Muse

greenpoet Between 0 and 10 points

Remember that, "The world will still revolve even without you." What are you trying to get from here, our attention. Our attention is on our baby, Jewel. sorry..

But why are you leaving, everyone adds colour in this forum. We are all different but we have a commonality, that is, we love Jewel.

Last edited by greenpoet; 03-02-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #10
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Where exactly did Chris say this comment? Even so, From what I see, Chris has made no comments about who he is referring to. I've noticed that you often think that what people say is about you when it is not the case. There are a lot of people on this forum and people make comments about other members. It's not all about you. You really need to stop taking things so personally. I mean that in good will. If you keep thinking comments are all about you, you'll get a severe case of paranoia and read too much into things that just aren't there. That's enough to make anyone go mad.

I also want to say that we don't stop anyone coming or going. If you wish to leave, that is your choice and only yours. Should you choose to stay that is your choice too. If you do wish to leave, I wish you well.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

I wasn't talking about you Jones. I didn't know what to say to all those questions is what I was trying to say. And the reason I asked if there was that category was because I thought it would be funny to vote for myself.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
Banned

To all,

I just wanted to clarify something.

One, "Attention" wasn't my intention. But I appreciate the thought.

Two, Kiera, you're right. It isn't all about me, and I have a horrible habit of a philoshophe by reading into stuff WAY too deeply, and that is something I'm trying to lighten up on. I'm also glad to see you're back, hope you had a pleasant time in Venice, and a very Happy Belated Birthday (I signed the thread for it, but I'm just reiterating.) Also hope you didn't get sunburned, as it's a warmer climate.

Three, to LDR, I assumed your post was in fact about me, since the thread was particularly geared towards me trying to acquit the fact that I'm not a candidate stalker. I officially apologize if I took it out of context, it just seemed befitting to the topic which was at hand.

Four, I really believe, as Awiste put it, there is something TRULY lost in translation, from our minds to the keyboard (including my shoddy misspellings) and to the internet and into other people's computers and into their minds. There is a lack of emotion (except some crafty emoticons) and the whole idea is a lost in translation, as we cannot tell tone, range, depth of voice or thought, and yet we try to figure out what it is that the other individualist is meaning behind the words. It's very difficult to understand and almost 'translate' into what the other poster means. That is why I get the wrong impression with words. As our girl Jewel would say, "Words Get In The Way". I will make a better lighthearted approach to it from now on. Maybe I just needed to expand on the 'lost in translation' idea for a moment, because I'm not sure sometimes exactly what a particular individualist means when they post, and am not aware of nondeclarative or intended meanings. This, I think is common with all people, and I don't subscribe to the fact that I'm the only one who has this problem. It is truly difficult to read emotion from a computer screen, but I like to think that I'm working on it.

I guess the 'slandering' of one's name was, indeed, not slandering, just joking or intended in good humour. I could be right, I could be wrong, but I like to think that maybe now it is in good humour and I just got to be the funny part of it. Nothing is wrong with that, but I do have a difficult time understanding some of the things on here, but I'm working on it. Maybe it's my nature; I never have been known to take a joke well. I don't know.

I would quote my idol and late friend antiquitter Jim Williams, but I think Al Pacino would sum this up in a more comical, suitable manner.

Now that I understand this, and realize the intentions after careful scrutinization of the threads and thorough review I changed my perception of the intention of other's. I'm glad no harm was intended, as has now been stated. I understand now it is in good humour and jokingly. I'm willing to bypass and understand that now, and I'm glad we could sort this hwole thing out. Thank you to all who calrified.

"I was gonna leave, now I'm not leaving."

Jones

Last edited by 007; 03-02-2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Truce and no hard feelings
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #13
never.alone
Jessica

*sigh*......

Old 03-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #14
Banned

"Being here angers all the right people." --Jim Williams

Yup, you all are stuck with me! You should've taken the chance to just say goodbye and leave it alone, instead of making it so difficult for me to leave. "No, sir. I'm here till tomorrow!" looks like my OD's aren't dirty enough yet.

SOrry to disappoint you, but "I was gonna go, now I'm not leaving."

Jones

Last edited by 007; 03-02-2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: I was gonna go, now I'm not leaving!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 PM   #15
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Do you really have to put it in such a devious sounding tone? It's like you're trying to be manipulative.

MysteriousWisdom
Closed Thread