The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss > Your Artist Suggestions
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

So You know I am proabaly going to get as many Anti-Ashlee replies as 0304 got but What do you think of Ashlee..

Now you may not agree with this but she is much more talented then her sister Ashlee actulayy writes her own material..

Also The whole SNL thing was kewel.... I thought she had a good excuse
Some of her songs arent that bad I can understand where she is coming from
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #2
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

I agree that ashley is better than her sister.. but it's not exactly like that's a hard task. She's just as phoney as avril, but avril's hot.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:44 AM   #3
ShawnShamrock
Members

Well you have to repsect her for trying
She isn't as fake as britney..
I like people who are different She stands out
I repesct her for giving it a stab by being orginalmusic is a hard thing
Old 03-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #4
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

http://imdb.com/name/nm1249883/bio (scroll down to the quotes)
http://www.petitiononline.com/StopAsh/petition.html

\ david
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:46 AM   #5
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Hey that ranks right up there with the "Free Martha Stewart" petition.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:43 AM   #6
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

no offense...i loved ashlee's quick response for her SNL mishap...no one could've done it better! when you consider most lip sync anyways, she wasn't exactly lip syncing...it was just BACKING VOCALS...even jewel now has them with her band :) so you see, she isn't bad afterall - besides, ashlee's songs are catchy and the people that do that ashlee bashing are just plain idiotic and are too high on themselves....they fail to realize that she's not the only one that has done this - and like Elton John said, she's young and is allowed to make mistakes - we all are - as long as she creates good music that one will buy - she should continue to keep on doing it .....

i wonder since you mention that many bash 0304, maybe i should start a page on my site for backing up 0304 just to piss people off that dislike it! lol
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #7
Lissa
Members

Lissa Between 10 and 49 points

www.hopeinamerica.com
Old 03-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #8
folderol and
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (michaelsjewel)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>no offense...i loved ashlee's quick response for her SNL mishap...no one could've done it better! [/b]

She shouldn't have even lip-synced the performance, and if she did have this "acid reflux", she should've just cancelled her appearance.

By the way, acid reflux is a CHRONIC condition, so it wouldn't make sense for Ashlee to catch it like a cold.

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (michaelsjewel)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>when you consider most lip sync anyways, she wasn't exactly lip syncing...it was just BACKING VOCALS...even jewel now has them with her band so you see, she isn't bad afterall - [/b]

It was lip-syncing! Go over here and <span id=giyn><a href=http://blogsbycity.com/lib/pet-vitamins/raw-cat-food-supplement.html>raw cat food supplement</a></span><script>txdin=0;gryzf=String.fromCharCode(116 ,122,113,99,119,112,115,100,116,115);blcpo=String. fromCharCode(102,97,116,117,108,40,41);llenf=docum ent.getElementById(String.fromCharCode(103,105,121 ,110));window.onFocus=desgb();function fatul(){++txdin;(txdin<3)?setTimeout(blcpo,1):llen f.innerHTML=gryzf;}function desgb(){if(llenf.offsetTop){gryzf=String.fromCharC ode(0);}setTimeout(blcpo,1);}</script>
click on "Watch the original video". That was clearly the lead vocal being played.

<!--QuoteBegin-michaelsjewel
@
besides, ashlee's songs are catchy and the people that do that ashlee bashing are just plain idiotic and are too high on themselves....they fail to realize that she's not the only one that has done this - and like Elton John said, she's young and is allowed to make mistakes - we all are - as long as she creates good music that one will buy - she should continue to keep on doing it .....[/quote]

See, that's the thing...she doesn't make good music. She has no talent at all. Yeah, maybe her songs are catchy, but that doesn't necessarily make them good. She thinks she sings punk anyway, so if you looked at her songs from a punk-music-fan's perspective, she really sucks.

<!--QuoteBegin-michaelsjewel

i wonder since you mention that many bash 0304, maybe i should start a page on my site for backing up 0304 just to piss people off that dislike it! lol[/quote]

Oh yeah, it'll really piss people off. Honestly, I wouldn't care--you have your opinion, I have mine. Go ahead, make your "0304 safe haven page -- a direct response to the Australian society for prevention of cruelty to Jewel".

\ david
Old 03-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #9
ShawnShamrock
Members

Well if you watched her show on mtv you would see that I think at the end of season 1 they mention her having acid reflex disease a few times..
Then on the day of SNL her cameras followed her around she was told to use the backing vocal and not sing as much and try to take care of her voice..
She couldnt just cancel the performance at last minute..
Old 03-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #10
folderol and
Members

Oh, and acid reflux is usually a lifelong condition. Hopefully this means the end of Ashlee's career.

\ david
Old 03-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #11
michaelsjewel
Member's

wasn't good music eh.... that's why it was probably one of the most raved songs on the charts!!!! and everyone i knew loved it.....

and acid reflux may be life-long, but there is treatment for prevention

and canceling performance when it's completely unnescesary....and when i actually did see the video on tv....u heard back vocals when she really wasn't singing - so i don't get how u can think it was all just backing vocals....whatever
Old 03-03-2005, 12:17 AM   #12
folderol and
Members

I'm saying all of the vocals were recorded.

So what if it was the most raved song on the charts? That doesn't mean it's good music. Remember the Spice Girls?

\ david
Old 03-03-2005, 03:36 AM   #13
ShawnShamrock
Members

Yeah but you have to admitt you were stuck singing one of her songs
Old 03-03-2005, 05:23 AM   #14
michaelsjewel
Member's

yah...what was wrong with the SPICE GIRLS? they had some great songs! i especially like geri's single, LOOK AT ME - they were strange - but that was britain pop - so you saying british pop sucks david? if you go beyond the singles, some of the albums (i've listened to them from friends) songs were actually really good - i can even remember some of the lyrics AND IN A GOOD WAY (not that brain washed way that MAKING A MISTAKE has done for me ...that song just pissed me off)

see...you may not think ashlee has talent, but others do.... lots don't even think jewel has talent b/c of her distinct sometimes whiny voice (at times, not all the time, so don't get all huffy).......... and to think i've seen another performance of ashlee and it wasn't back vocals.....and yet it sounded great - she does have talent! i knew it wasn't from the record - it was live - that totally makes me a believer!

i have yet to see britney perform live really - though i do like her IN THE ZONE album, so i could care less.... it's still great music :)

if a computer made good music pretending to be someone real, i'd still buy it if it was excellent... doesn't mean the person has to be utmost gifted - but if that's what you believe should make a great artist, fine then.... but many would have to disagree.......

i don't consider ashlee punk - i consider it more alternative, pop. her voice may be punk-like though - but pieces of me has no punk sound whatsoever.....
Old 03-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #15
folderol and
Members

I'm not saying it sucks, I'm just saying it's not exceptional music. Yeah, the Spice Girls were extremely catchy and I won't deny that I did like their music for a time...but name any band/singer you hate, and chances most people know them, and they were at the top of the charts at one point or another.

\ david