The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss > Your Artist Suggestions
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #16
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

don't spam the thread ;)
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

That's not spam. Spam is unsolicited commercial E-mail. There are plenty of forums that have a huge problem with that, but not here. Give me a break. :dir:
Old 04-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #18
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

GIVE ME A BREAK>>>>>>>GIVE ME A BREAK>>>>>> BREAK ME OFF A PIECE OF THAT KIT KAT BAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<< now that's spam....and i thought of it b/c he said to give him a break...so i did...virtually though...lmao :muhaha:
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:47 AM   #19
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

:shock: U know I am just suprised she came out with another album..
I don't know I think she kinda got a little late start in music but oh well!
She could never reach her dad's status thats what has to suck for her
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:56 AM   #20
MrCC
JKF Member

Truth is she doesn't have to work at all. She's Elvis's sole survivor. His estate takes in over $40 million dollars a year. Here's an article about her finances: http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/...0330628000.html
Old 04-09-2005, 12:58 AM   #21
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

Yeah, I guess that is the upide to being Elvis's Daughter
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:12 AM   #22
michaelsjewel
Member's

i wish i was that lucky!
Old 04-09-2005, 04:40 AM   #23
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Everyone wishes they were that lucky! ;)

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:49 AM   #24
LonelyLullaby
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by MrCC@Apr 8 2005, 06:48 PM
That's not spam. Spam is unsolicited commercial E-mail. There are plenty of forums that have a huge problem with that, but not here. Give me a break. :dir:
Mike on a forum spam is considered unrelated comments to the topic or taking a thread off-topic with unrelated conversation. I don't want to keep on ruining this one, so let's concentrate on Lisa ;)
Old 04-09-2005, 07:53 AM   #25
MrCC
JKF Member

I've got a better idea. How about I comment on either 1) The original topic or 2) What someone else said or 3) Something else that relates to the conversation. Not everyone has to understand everybody else's humor. We're all different. I have never spammed this forum. Not every single sentence of a thread has to relate to the subject. Even if a few posts get off track it usually gets back to the original topic. Topics usually die when everybody has said everything they can think of about the topic. Conversations are dynamic. One thought always leads to another.

In this thread I've posted my opinion about Lisa Marie's talent, posted something funny about her, and mentioned her wealth. If you've got a problem with that then skip over my posts. I don't tell you what to say. Don't try to tell me that my comments about Lisa Marie aren't as important as yours.

Lighten up. :lalala:
Old 04-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #26
LonelyLullaby
Members

As long as the thread gets back to the original topic why would I have a problem with it? A few off-topic comments are fine, but it seems to happen in every thread on a daily- basis and often the threads don't end up being as what they are started
Of course a few comments holding a conversation are fine, but not when that's all the thread becomes
Mike refer to my other post for the comments
I think you are the one who needs to lighten up, you take this a little too seriously. It's not a personal attack
I didn't say anything about any of your posts here about Lisa, I think that both of your comments were interesting, both what you said about her and the joke. However
Quote:
I now know that you know that I know. No? ;)
This is spam
Believe me I paid attention that you are watching out, and I paid attention that you post more on topic now on other threads and I really appreciate that
Thank you very much for this. I hope you don't take offense at any of this. It's really not my place to tell others what to do, I'm just asking you to keep the thread cleaner because I think we all make an effort to do this

I can't download any music by Lisa online because the free Napster version that I had and Kaaza are no longer free ;) but if you recommend it enough I might find something by her. I still keep watching this thread for opinions
Old 04-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #27
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LonelyLullaby@Apr 9 2005, 05:26 AM
This is spam
You'll probably consider this post spam, but clearly we have a difference of opinion. It is NOT spam. Your definition needs work. I AM offended by someone calling my posts spam. If you criticize my posts don't be surprised when I address your comments and the conversation goes off track. Maybe someone should start a new thread on this in the "Help,How,Rules" forum about this issue.

Moving on...
Old 04-10-2005, 05:53 PM   #28
michaelsjewel
Member's

that was a quote he replied to the idea of what i said on what he posted of lisa marie presley....which that's what the thread was about in the first place..... SO BACK OFF ....it was too RELATED..... and if you don't believe that people can leave comments on it, then you aren't a real defender of freedom of speech.... and why do i seem to defend mike....bc i think the comment on spam was a little overboard - b/c it was on topic....(at least comments to the topic) it had something to do with lisa marie presley....and yes i've already read your million other posts, and it still isn't off topic by my terms, i guess some just can't understand just plain english and leave things alone - it is the abyss forum for goodness sake! (abyss = land of the unknown) now..... we can clearly move on.... i don't think i'm being immature, i'm just defending my rights.... i think someone's post on calling me a few names that shouldn't be mentioned in a public forum was immature and inappropriate...

BACK TO LISA MARIE PRESLEY..............

so...did anyone buy the new album yet?
Old 04-11-2005, 06:06 AM   #29
MrCC
JKF Member

I didn't buy Lisa's last one so I probably won't buy this one either. There's too many albums I would prefer to buy first. Not that there is anything wrong with buying Lisa's music. ;)
Old 04-14-2005, 01:28 PM   #30
LonelyLullaby
Members

Lisa Marie is in Canada right now- just to let you guys know
I watched her yesterday, actually I wasn't too impressed either. I wouldn't get her album
But she seems genuine and sweet, so even though I don't like her music I kind of like her. And I like her voice
She sounds a bit like her father :P