The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
R*Philippines
I jewel everyday.

R*Philippines Between 50 and 149 pointsR*Philippines Between 50 and 149 points
Default Jewel Single Rushed to Country Radio

Jewel Single Rushed to Country Radio
1/17/2008
Stephen L. Betts

Overwhelming demand from country radio programmers who’ve heard Jewel’s country music debut, “Stronger Woman,” has led the singer’s label, the Valory Music Co., to rush-release the single to country radio immediately.
Stronger Woman,” which was written by Jewel, will be available exclusively at iTunes starting Feb. 5. She’s set to perform an exclusive acoustic version of the song on ABC’s Good Morning America: Weekend Edition on Sunday, Feb. 10.[/FONT]

Stay COOL !!!
RY
R*Philippines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
cherry-queen
supergoddess

cherry-queen Between 0 and 10 points

awesome!!!
i'll be sure to watch GMA that day........
cherry-queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
JewelJK
JKF Member

JewelJK Between 50 and 149 points

OHHHH this is so fantastic! i thinks its a good thing.

Darkness surrounds me... I scratch, I struggle, I breathe ...
JewelJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
reggiedvd
JKF Member

reggiedvd Between 10 and 49 points

Here is the full press release. Looks like the GMA performance will be from the XM radio session.

Jewel’s First Country Single, “Stronger Woman,”

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 17, 2008

MEDIA ALERT!

Jewel’s First Country Single, “Stronger Woman,”

Rush Released to Country Radio Due to Overwhelming Demand!

Three-Time Grammy Nominee Will Nationally Debut Single

on ABC’s Good Morning America, Sunday, February 10th

Nashville, TN -- Due to overwhelming demand from Country Radio programmers who have already heard Jewel’s Country music debut, the self-written “Stronger Woman”, The Valory Music Co. announced today that they will rush-release the single to Country Radio immediately. The single will be released via the Play MPE digital media delivery system at 10 a.m. ET/ 9 a.m. CT on Thursday, January 17th.

One of the first Country programmers to hear “Stronger Woman” was Ken Boesen with WKIS/Miami. Boesen says, “The timing is perfect for Jewel to release a Country single! She came by the station and knocked us out and the single is a smash. WKIS listeners are very excited and so am I – welcome to Country music Jewel!”

“Jewel has made a strong commitment to Country Radio and is in the midst of an extensive radio tour,” says Jon Loba, Vice of President of Promotion and Artist Development. “The response to ‘Stronger Woman’ on these visits has been overwhelming. After many requests from stations to play this song early, we have decided to move up our digital release date. CD Singles will still not ship until January 22nd because we don’t have them in house just yet!”

“Stronger Woman” will be available exclusively at iTunes starting February 5th, and she will perform an exclusive acoustic version of “Stronger Woman” on ABC’s Good Morning America: Weekend Edition on Sunday, February 10th. The broadcast will mark the world premiere of Jewel’s XM Artist Confidential performance of the new single. Please check local listings for specific GMA: Weekend Edition air times.

The single is set to officially impact Country radio on February 11th. Her highly-anticipated new album, “Perfectly Clear,” is scheduled for release on June 3rd ..

About Jewel

From the remote tundra of her Alaskan youth to the triumph of international stardom, Jewel has traveled a singular road as an acclaimed singer, songwriter, poet, actress and painter. The three-time Grammy nominee, hailed by The Times of London as "the most sparkling female singer-songwriter since Joni Mitchell," nevertheless remains a unique and authentic artist, exploring fresh musical avenues for more than a decade that have taken her from the simplicity of acoustic-driven folk to the embrace of rock, pop, country, blues, jazz and classical influences. To date, Jewel has sold over 27 million albums worldwide, enjoying career longevity rare among her generation of artists. Jewel recently completed a stint as the host of Nashville Star and is proud to be named an Ambassador for Richard Branson's charity Virgin Unite and its Re*generation initiative to fight against youth homelessness which has found her speaking on Capitol Hill. She was recently in the studio working on her own country-infused album with John Rich of Big & Rich and is ready to set out on tour. For more information, please visit www.jeweljk.com

The Valory Music Co., the sister label to Big Machine Records, was established in November 2007 with an initial artist roster that includes multi-platinum recording artist Jewel as well as Country Soul singer Jimmy Wayne and newcomer Southern Country stylist Justin Moore. The Valory Music Co.’s first release, Jewel’s Country music debut is slated for June 2008.

# # #

JEWEL PR CONTACTS: LABEL PR CONTACT:

Eileen Thompson/Jessica Erskine Natalie A. Kilgore

Rogers & Cowan Big Machine Records/

310.854.8137/8129 The Valory Music Co.

eithompson@rogersandcowan.com 615-324-7769

jerskine@rogersandcowan.com Natalie.Kilgore@bigmachinemail.com

Valory Music Co. ~ 1219 16th Ave. South ~ Nashville, TN ~ 37212