The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #31
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

:rolleyes: i agree with Shawn, it seems no matter how bad things are, there always seems to be room for them to get WORSE!!

:P guess that makes me a pessimist, or maybe a realist?
hahaha

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:36 PM   #32
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

well I'm NOT having a good time. In the last 2 months in particular, I have been more stressed than I ever have been before. I do almost everything and way more than my fair share. I have been doing a damn good job and what do I get for it...JIP when the stuff I shouldn't be doing doesn't get done. I do someone a favour, then they expect me to always do it then I get told off when I don't do it. How can I do it when I am busy doing picking up after almost everyone.

Needless to say, as saddened as I am about leaving my company, I am looking for another job. I am being taken for granted! I have raised the issue with my boss and he ain't listening. He happens to be best buds with the 2 lasiest people in the team so he lets them away with murder. It's not the company, it my department so I will be sad to leave it after nearly 6 years. But enough is enough and I will have a heart attack before I am 30 if I go on like this. It can be really depressing and disheartening when I work so hard and get feck all out of it

I feel a bit better now after that rant. Thanks for reviving the thread!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #33
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

whoo... that really sounds like it sucks, but you could have taken up a complaint with HR. They'd be able to get your coworkers in line. Anyhoo... good luck on finding a job, i hope you get a good one.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #34
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

Kiera

As you know i do a simular job as yourself, it can be stressfull, so you have my complete sympathy.

Ive thought about leaving a few times, but i think 'well, hell, what am i good at other than what i do at work'.......hmm, im good at tiling. Oh and im good at graphics.

I think i'll stay an IT Technician, it has its perks i guess. Have you thought of going into business like running a computer shop Kiera? perhaps domestic pc support?

Best of luck in whatever comes your way Kiera.

:lalala:
dave
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #35
batsocks
Members

Location: in a shoebox under the stairs with all my grandmas jet buttons
batsocks Between 10 and 49 points

I hope you sort something out , it sucks when you are unhappy. I went through a rough patch earlier this year because of work.The people, the place , everything really got to me and i got very very depressed ( i won't go into too much detail) but then a little miracle happened and i was head hunted for a new job. I received a phone call out of the blue from someone i used to work with and now i am happier than ever, and i am thoroughly grateful every day. Things do pick up eventually.its nice when everything finally comes together
Old 10-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #36
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

i go to school. that sucks too.
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #37
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Well I pulled the finger out and desiced to get something done rather than just moan and let things get worse.

I went to HR as suggested Andrea. Although I went to see if there were any other jobs suitable for me there coz I really don't want to leave the company. But I also got the word out to a few people that I was looking to move. It has been well known that if a manager gets wind that a hard working efficient person is on the prowl for a new job, they tend to snap them up so hopefully that might happen too.
But more at home in case none of that works, I sat down with my boss and told him how I feel and that I am being taken for granted. He has taken it in hand already. He doesn't want to lose me. I am the number 1 performer apparently *blush* so he'd rather lose the inefficient workers and scout for a new one that is efficient than to lose me. So after he said that...I asked how much I was worth to him to keep so he's looking into a pay rise.

Feel better already! But only if he gets the lads working again.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #38
batsocks
Members

Location: in a shoebox under the stairs with all my grandmas jet buttons
batsocks Between 10 and 49 points

Yep, doesn't it feel great when you grab the bull by the horns so to speak! glad things are looking up for you.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #39
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Hah, thats strange i was gonna dig this thread back up, coz i'v been working my good for nothing worthless butt off these past few weeks and aint had no time to even gasp a breath....if me boss had his way, he'de have me on a drip :P just so i would'nt have to stop for a break!!!! :angry:
Yeah work sucks cheese....and dont some people get over excited that christmas is coming....and its only October for F$%#s sake!!!!!!
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:22 PM   #40
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
oh my gosh Gemma, i know how you feel with the whole restaurant thing

when i worked at Papa Gino's (back when i was like 16) i got in trouble for putting too much cheese on the pizza's
when i worked at the Great American Cookie Co. i got introuble for scooping too much dough and making the cookies too big
then when i scooped less dough i got introuble for pressing the dough down so the cookies would bake bigger--never mind that it made the customers feel like they were getting more cookie for the money
i have only ever had one customer who brought me to tears though, and that was because i accidently drove onto his lawn mistaking it for the driveway, but he ended up coming in to the store to apologize for being so mad

though the closest i have come to working as much as you are was when i would take care of the girls during the day and work at night
i dont work at night anymore cause Joe takes nigth classes, but i think next year i am going to take some college courses
I know :) I hate dealing with food. You have to be careful to give just enough
And everyone has their own definition of enough :pufi:
Good luck with the college courses Andrea :) Enjoy while you have your time with the girls :)
:wub:
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:58 AM   #41
ROBARE
JKF Member

ROBARE Between 10 and 49 points

LonelyLullaby,take it slow girl remeber the brighter the candle burns the faster the wax melts.I learned to pace myself and thats the trick,I live in Fort Lauderdale and would drive to Arizona only to work out in the desert by self.It would take me 3 days just to get there,then go 20 miles in to no mans land,with rattlers and cougers,So know I fly in to Vegas and head for the Bellagio buffet,just in case I don't make it back,then go for drive to sedona to work,Do somthing with in that week you enjoy,thats for you !! People mistake kindness for weakness and may put the world on you.
ROBARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #42
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

:) Thank you for the kind words.. I think I mostly just put pressure on myself rather than other people.. but right now I've stayed just with one of my jobs since they're giving me about 5 days out of 7 shifts and I need the money.. I just manage to keep up with this job and volunteering at the hospital. You're right though :) I don't want to miss out on my life meanwhile
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote