The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-05-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Answers to my last round of questions:

~ How many times have you moved home?
This would be my 4th move.

~ What would your dream house consist of e.g. Artist studio, fine paintings, music studio. Anything, no matter how ridiculous it might sound?
To be honest, I am really glad I just have a house so it is perfect in that respect but of course, there's always room for improvement. I would love to buy a plot of land near here secluded from other houses and build a good size family home with no more than 5 bedrooms with every room en-suite (master with a hot tub), a big family sized kitchen where I can cook and chat with the family or guests, cosy sitting room with a big open fire where the whole family can get together and watch movies, a study and possibly a mini library. I am not too fussed about a big garden. One that is big enough for kids to play in and has a decent sized patio to have a bbq. And a bonus would be a fab view. If I won a million Euro, I could have that. Who knows...maybe one day?

~ City or Country, which would you prefer to live in and why?
Country - without a doubt. The views, the cleaner air, the closeness to nature and beauty, the more friendly people, the quiet, the relaxed atmosphere...shall I go on?

~ Do you rent or do you own your own home (if you?re living with parents, which would you do first when you do eventually move out) ?
We rented for 4 and a half years but thankfully we now own our home!

~ How far do you live from work/school?
about 32 miles away. Takes around 50 mins. We have great transport between where we live and where we work so we're lucky.

And now I ask:
~ What is the best band name you have ever heard of?
~ Can you swim?
~ What is the hottest weather you have ever experienced?
~ If you knew today was your last day to live, what would be your final meal?
~ What?s your favourite movie?

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
Craig
Members

Craig Between 10 and 49 points

1) What is the best band name you have ever heard of?
Recently I have heard the names, "Super Heavy Goat Ass" and "Dogs Die in Hot Cars" Both from Austin,Texas...great music and good names...

2)Can you swim?
Like a fish I can swim...affirmative here.

3)What is the hottest weather you have ever experienced?
Visting friends in New Orleans in the summer, in the 100's but like everyone says...it is not the heat but the humidity!!

4) If you knew today was your last day to live, what would be your final meal?
Hmmm..good one...Probably a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all the fixings...probably wouldn't be able to keep it down though since I would be nervous it was my last day to live...

5)What?s your favourite movie?
I have never been able to answer this question...it is like asking what is your favorite song. I studied film production in college so I see films from many different angles and levels and find genius and just plain enjoyment in SO many...
a few:
"Citizen Kane","Unbearable Lightness of Being", "On Golden Pond" and more recently..."Big Fish","Adaptation"...I love "Jaws" and pretty much everything Speilberg does...
Just saw "War of The Worlds" and loved the sound affects....
so many good movies..."Memento" was very good. Loved the "Kill Bill's", "Fight Club" "A Simple Plan", "Trainspotting", "Braveheart" "Slingblade"..."Almost Famous"
I could go on and on :P

Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig
1) What is the best band name you have ever heard of?
Recently I have heard the names, "Super Heavy Goat Ass" and "Dogs Die in Hot Cars" Both from Austin,Texas...great music and good names...
not sure about the second one there but I do love the sound of a Super Heavy Goat ass. Hmm.

Quote:
3)What is the hottest weather you have ever experienced?
Visting friends in New Orleans in the summer, in the 100's but like everyone says...it is not the heat but the humidity!!
So I've been told. I have an eFriend that live in Florida and she never relents on telling how humid it is.

Quote:
5)What?s your favourite movie?
I have never been able to answer this question...it is like asking what is your favorite song. I studied film production in college so I see films from many different angles and levels and find genius and just plain enjoyment in SO many...
a few:
"Citizen Kane","Unbearable Lightness of Being", "On Golden Pond" and more recently..."Big Fish","Adaptation"...I love "Jaws" and pretty much everything Speilberg does...
Just saw "War of The Worlds" and loved the sound affects....
so many good movies..."Memento" was very good. Loved the "Kill Bill's", "Fight Club" "A Simple Plan", "Trainspotting", "Braveheart" "Slingblade"..."Almost Famous"
I could go on and on :P
The unfortunate thing about all those movies you mentioned, I have only seen 5 of them! I had more time for movies in the past and went to the cinema every single week. There was barely a new movie I hadn't seen...older ones were the problem but I defintely plan on getting to see all those real classic gems.

Thanks for sharing Craig!!!

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #4
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Cant see why i should'nt give this a twirl :D

1)What is the best band name you have ever heard of
Would have to say,*thinks very hard* 'Gorgoroth' a tolkien name from lord of the rings,its just such an evil sounding name,for such an evil band....luv it!

2)Can you swim
Yes i can,but aint been no where near any sea water ever since my encounter with a Tiger Shark,off the coast of Italy when i was 7yo! (did'nt bite me tho) ;)

3)What is the hottest weather you have ever experienced
mmmmm,id have to say Italy,Lago De Gada,in the 90's at least!!!

4)If you knew today was your last day to live,what would be your final meal
.....one gargantuan,gigantic,buffet meal of all my fav food,i.e Pasta,Pizza,Bockwurst's,Chilli,Currys and lots of MEEEEAAAAT! why not just eat myself to death! gonna die anyhow :P

5)What's your favourite movie
"Apocalypse Now" i love and "Saving Private Ryan" only ever read about the Omaha Beach landings...and to see it in film was 'Incredible' also 'Das Boot'(about German U-Boat crew) 'Full Metal Jacket'and 'Dr Strangelove' 'Interveiw With A Vampire' i love vampirism and 'Fight Club'....cant just like one film!
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:09 AM   #5
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

my friends band name is called Anecdote, i think thats a cool name

~ Can you swim?
sort of

in the valley it was like 1 million degrees, actually, it was like 105 or something

as much junk food i could eat without throwing up

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:24 AM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Veiling Meat
1)What is the best band name you have ever heard of
Would have to say,*thinks very hard* 'Gorgoroth' a tolkien name from lord of the rings,its just such an evil sounding name,for such an evil band....luv it!
Sounds like something I wouldn't even be able to say if I had a drink or three in me. Bit of a mouthful but interesting nonetheless.

Quote:
3)What is the hottest weather you have ever experienced
mmmmm,id have to say Italy,Lago De Gada,in the 90's at least!!!
Was this at the same time as the shark attack? I've no idea what 90 is in celcius but I'll look it up, All I know it, it's hot!

Quote:

5)What's your favourite movie
"Apocalypse Now" i love and "Saving Private Ryan" only ever read about the Omaha Beach landings...and to see it in film was 'Incredible' also 'Das Boot'(about German U-Boat crew) 'Full Metal Jacket'and 'Dr Strangelove' 'Interveiw With A Vampire' i love vampirism and 'Fight Club'....cant just like one film!
Yeah it is hard to pick just one so I don't mind everyone picking more. I loved Das Boot and Interview with a Vampire myself. Anne Rice is a great writer. However, I find Full Metal Jacket disturbs me somewhat but I know loads of people who love it. Each to their own.

Thanks for answering. This must be your first time seeing this. It is a thing I do from time to time, not in any particular regularity but it is a way of getting to know everyone better.

Glad you took part.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-06-2005, 07:26 AM   #7
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWouldJewelDo@Jul 6 2005, 05:09 AM

Quote:
my friends band name is called Anecdote, i think thats a cool name
You know that is a cool name. I like that!

Quote:
in the valley it was like 1 million degrees, actually, it was like 105 or something
Woah...and I thought 90 was hot? Phew.

Quote:
THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!
Now why doesn't that surprise me? But I see what you mean. It is a messed up show but I think it's great. Tim Curry is a great actor and he really suits the role well. And how young Susan Sarandon is in it. But great movie choice.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #8
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

~What is the best band name you have ever heard of?hmm, that is a toss up between: Thanks to Gravity and Paranoid Social Club, also Zuzu'z Petals/Say Zuzu, Fly Spinach Fly, Trippin Daisy

~ What is the hottest weather you have ever experienced?i would have to say low hundreds temp. wise, but with the humidty it makes a heat index of say...115 or so, so thick you can barely breathe

~ Can you swim?
umm, i can back stroke

~What?s your favourite movie? :omg: the rocky horror picture show! i absolutely used to loooove it, back in my bad old teenage days i actually lifted a copy from a video store, but now, probably Zoolander, Phantom of the Opera, and Under the Tuscan Sun-because buying a villa in italy sounds so awesome!

edited due to missing a question

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:11 AM   #9
georger
JKF Member

georger Between 10 and 49 points

~ How many times have you moved home?
11 times

~ What would your dream house consist of e.g. Artist studio, fine paintings, music studio. Anything, no matter how ridiculous it might sound?
A log cabin in the wilderness, near a lake.

~ City or Country, which would you prefer to live in and why?
Country. See answer to previous question. Plus I cannot maintain my sanity in a big stinky hot noisy city.

~ Do you rent or do you own your own home (if you?re living with parents, which would you do first when you do eventually move out)?
Stuck in perpetual rental he!!.

~ How far do you live from work/school?

I'm a musician. Distance to work therefore varies.

And now I ask:

Not the best but the strangest.
It's a tossup between "Fresh Meat" and "Suzy and the clits". Yeesh!!!

~ Can you swim?
Yes, fairly well.

It's not the heat, it's the humidity. About 45*C with humidity included.

~ If you knew today was your last day to live, what would be your final meal? Lecso. It's a dish from Hungary. It's simple, consists of yellow Hungarian peppers, diced onions, quartered tomatoes, paprika, salt and pepper. And sliced Hungarian sausage. MMMMmmmmm good!!!!

I like romantic, sentimental films. I'm a big fan of the old Frank Capra films, any of his will do.
georger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #10
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

wow...that sounds really good, do you have a recipe? :o

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:56 AM   #11
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

ok i have to include something funny about weather

my best friend andie(i call her andrea) is in louisiana because her father is producing a movie and the weather is sooooo bipolar.. one day its 103 degrees F and the next day its pouring rain, and the next day its 95 with humidity and then the day after that there was a massive hurricane... lol
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:09 AM   #12
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Not sure really. None that I can think of at the moment anyways.

~ Can you swim?

Sort of, but not as well as I like. I mainly float. :P

Somewhere in the 100s, but I don't remember the exact temperature. Maybe... 105? *shrugs*

I was gonna say all of my favorite foods, but now I change my mind. Now, I think I'd have lots of fried shrimp, either mashed potatoes or french fries, a BIG cup of Dr. Pepper, a slice or two (or three or four) of my mom's famous chocolate cake she makes every year for my birthday and then some sort of candy. I might have some Pringles chips also. :) But, this may change overtime. :P

Right now I'm really into horror movies. I've always had this odd fascination with blood and gore (real or fake, as crazy as that may seem), so I love movies in general with lots of gore. My favorites in particular though (not just horror or gore) are Kill Bill vol. 1 (I hate how it goes black and white during the big scene with the Crazy 88s) and 2, The Exorcist, The Passion of the Christ (not for the gore), Ever After, Shrek 1 and 2, The Little Mermaid, Jackass the Movie, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, House of 1000 Corpses (can't wait for the Devil's Rejects next week. :D), The Sixth Sense (I don't consider that to be "horror"), City of Angels, Michael (with John Travolta as an Angel), Aladdin, The Lion King, American Beauty, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Slingblade, The Craft, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Evil Dead and so many others. We're planning to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this Friday. :)

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote