View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 02:35 AM   #3
Sam78
JKF Member

Sam78 Between 0 and 10 points

Yeah, I actually think for a couple of reasons that she has a slightly better chance in Country Album than she does in Country Female Vocal or certainly Country Song.

For one thing, Perfectly Clear went #1 on the Country charts, so people noticed it, and Stronger Woman didn't even break the Country top 10. Also, Female Country Vocal is super competitive with Grammy, critical, and genre favorites like Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, Emmylou Harris, Taylor Swift, Dolly Parton, LeAnn Rimes, Trisha Yearwood, and Miranda Lambert, among others, all eligible.

The Album field, on the other hand, is a little lighter, with a lot of those women's albums either ineligible or relatively unpopular, and--importantly--the entire Country field really dodged a bullet this year because Long Road Out Of Eden went Rock and Raising Sand went Folk, and I suspect those two are the albums to beat in the genres and in the general field.

At the end of the day, though, I agree with you, fabiojj--I think Jewel gets snubbed by the Grammys again this year...and, to be honest, this is the first time I think she actually deserves to be snubbed.
Sam78 is offline   Reply With Quote