Thread: I'm Done.
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 04:08 AM   #33
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

I'm going to address that post alone Tracy and ignore all the stuff that happened before it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Eyes@Jul 15 2005, 11:08 PM
Uh, ok. I guess I should just clear things up about why I left for almost a month. It wasn't just because of what was said in that one thread (what was it called? I kinda forgot :unsure:), but a lot of stuff put together. I won't say what in particular, so I'll just leave it at that.
Well, airing personal concerns in an public forum is certainly not always the best thing to do. (I'm not saying that anybody here did this.)

Quote:
I guess that I should also mention that Justin wasn't the reason for me leaving either, so if he's "grounded" for that reason then, well, he shouldn't be.
Well since I have been informed that the reason that Justin was "grounded" is none of my business I will not comment on that issue.

Quote:
Admittedly, I didn't read too many of the posts in the "Kilcherian Soap Opera Thread" or "Survivor: Kilcheria", so I may be confused.
I also have no comment on those threads that I have not already said.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm tired and I hate explaining myself, so I'm sorry if this post doesn't make sense. Taking this off topic now (since this is MY thread, I don't care. :P):

The ironic thing about that is that for a long time I wouldn't have admitted it. I'm still like that to a certain extent in real life (even with Jewel), but overtime I've learned to just say "f**k it" and admit it.
Being a fan means different things to different people. Some fans just buy the artist's albums while others post online shrines and follow the artist from city to city. I think most people who post in these forums have a certain degree of "obsessive" tendencies and are more than casual fans. We all have a line we do not like to have crossed when it comes to people talking about the things that we hold dear. It is very hard to know where someone else's line is located - the point at which they have become offended or uncomfortable. It is made especially hard because of the severe limitations of communicating by typing messages in to a computer.

Quote:
Though, even now when my brother and sister tells someone that I like Jewel so much, I become embarassed.
This is certainly a feeling that comes from within yourself. I often hear people say "you made me feel guilty" and think "Not intentionally. I just said what I feel and the guilt came from within you".

Quote:
When they look through my CDs and see my Ashlee Simpson, Tatu, Mandy Moore, Pink or Avril albums, then they give a face like :blink: and sometimes mock me. With Ashlee or Avril they're like "yeah, she's punk!" and with the others they're like "you have her album? Why? :blink:". It sucks how people are like that, and in short LonelyLullaby, that's why some people wouldn't admit to it. :)
There are more musical genres and artists than any one of us could ever listen to in a lifetime. Many times people who say they do not like a certain artists say this because ot preconceived notions about what that artist sounds like or stands for. In any everybody has their own tastes in music, clothing, food, literature, etc... People are constantly putting down what others like. It is a part of life that starts sometime around the age of 10. Sometimes people put down music because they want you to be their friend and like what they like. Sometimes they put down music because they just plain don't like it. We can't all like the same music. It would not be normal.

Quote:
People trying to be "cool", but a fan of an artist, would mock the artist with their friends so that they still seem "cool". It's not as far fetched as it may seem.
I could see it happening. I tend to think of it this way. I like Jewel's music a great deal. I think she is a beautiful, talented singer and songwriter. I also think she sometimes wears clothing that is totally over the top (think blender photos.) Think of a friend that you are close to. Does that friend not sometimes make fun of you an dstill remain your loyal friend? Playful banter that makes fun of things we like is part of being a friend. Friends often try to get us to be more like them. Sometimes friends help us to recognize that we have made a mistake or need to make life changes. Sometimes they are way off base and need to gently back off. Doing so in a playful manner is the best way to do this IMO. I think it's like that with Jewel for some fans. They feel that making fun of her is like making fun of a close friend. Not in a mean way, just playful banter to communicate that they would prefer her to be more like them. A good friend of course will accept you as you are, but they still try to make you like them - it's human nature.

So what am I trying to say? Beats me. What are you trying to say? ;) :dunno: