Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid Prez@Feb 6 2005, 10:33 PM

Yeah... let's wait and see what a jury decides. I don't pretend to know
the truth about any of this... but I won't accuse a man of the disgusting
act of pedephilia on the strength of cheap gossip mags... or sensational,
headline-grabbing news reports.

Twice you used the word perception...

It is because of people (like yourself) who persist
with perpetuating these "perceptions" that...
mud will stick if enough is thrown.

Didn't God say He would judge us with the same measure
by which we judge others ???

I hope He doesn't judge you on other peoples perseptions.

Easy...

__________________________________________________ ______
I backsteped in my last post and try to agree with you, Prez. Sometimes I let my wild opinions get ahead of my reason. I'm sure that's never happened to you. :P

You are 100% correct. A person is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law. I should always say "IF he is guilty" when I profess my wild opinions. As in - If he is guilty then I hope they put him in jail to be punished and to protect others from being harmed by him. If he is not guilty then I hope people can forgive him - myself included. Fame is not a right however. The public can grant it and take it away on a whim. If the public tires of his bad press then he can always buy an island somewhere and retire. I do feel bad for famous people who are hounded by press, but their lives are partly their own making by seeking after fame. When they achieve it they find that they are the target of lawsuits by those who wish to take their money. I guess I am not sure that Michael Jackson is guilty under the law. A person can be found guilty under the law and be innocent and a person can be guilty and be found not guilty under the law. Earthly justice will never be perfect primarily becasue guilty people are too good at hiding the evidence.

While I do not know if he is guilty or not in the eyes of the law. God's law is a separate issue. God will judge us using a much more just system than the laws man has created. He will also forgive us for things that fellow men/women can never forgive us for. Can a child who has been molested ever fully forgive the person who molested them? Some can, but others may never while on this this earth. I beleive that after this life the truth will be known and the all the injustices that we have done including any done to Michael Jackson will be made right.

Perhaps Michael Jackson is nothing more than a misunderstood man with emotional issues. If so many of us will owe him an apology. Even if that is the case we're all still entitled to have opinion. Mine is that at the very least he has an odd personality, but then again don't we all. ;)

Did anyone ever convict Jewel for producing 0304? :D