Thread: Pocket change?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #15
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

Hey, Puck, I'm glad to see someone else wears Ray Ban Aviators! I've had my pair since basic and never gotten rid of them. I love them to death.

Also, for Dave, I carry one pigskin briefcase with a red matted inside that I bought from Swaine Adeney and Brigg and saved up for four months trying to buy it. Inside you'll find 25 gold sovereigns and 25 sivler dollars(US currency), you'll also find a compartment for documents on the back of the briefcase that you can lift up. A rather ingenious idea that I use to keep any work related things in, which I had installed by Worley's Leathercare experts, but since their demise I have no other means of reworking my newer cases. Also, you'll find an old school Gillete double edged razor(Never know when you missed a spot, right Dave?). THe razor, if handled properly can serve as knuckleduster. Also, a pack of cigarettes (Lucky Strikes or Camels) with a camera inside, activated by light sources. Had it installed in Wahsington, that's m really only true to life 007 gadget, it cost a pretty penny to have set up. Also, you'll find a cannister of OC mace spray inside the travel tin of shaving cream for last resort purposes in case I forgot the roscoe. I also keep a small evidence kit used for collecting of samples, will hold liquids and solid substances.

Inside the case is also my credentials and ID tag and usually I keep some leather gloves, and several latex gloves for the job. And about ten legal pads I use to scribble notes. And I've always kept a solid red tie in the case, for some reason if I need one in a hurry. Red goes with any suit that I wear, which are only gray or black. I never am seen during work without a gray or black suit. I think I've worn that navy one once since I've had it made. Sorry guys, I'm actually a fan of going tieless, but if I'm going to the boss' office, I quickly forge out a four-in-hand knot. Never a Windsor, as they are suspect of indicative evil intent. I never trust a man who wear a Windsor knot. Sometihng an old friend taught me.

That's usually all I keep in my case, now that we brought up purses, I felt the need to mention my case.

Oh yeah, before I forget, now that we are talking about what we carry on our person, I always wear my old issued dog tags (ID Discs) from service. I keep one around my neck and in the boots, one each. That way if something ever does happen to me, I'll be able to be identified from either boot or around my neck. It's something I'm usd to and I keep them very close at all times. I remember the medic once freaked out because he couldn't ID one of the guys because he'd forgotten his tags and his upper body was, well, lets just say it was missing, so I always carry my tags with me. I don't even have a legitimate reason for it, but I've seen situations were they came in handy.

That's my useless stuff I carry, anybody else carry something like that you think is lucky but is actually usueless for justification.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote